Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Matthew Rorie

Person » credited in 4 games

Once a GameSpot editor and then a Marketing and PR Producer at Obsidian Entertainment, Matt Rorie worked alongside Giant Bomb at Whiskey Media website Screened, and is now Product Manager for Giant Bomb. Matt's got faith of the heart; going where his heart will take him.

Does anyone else find it odd that Rorie isn't on the GOTY podcasts?

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I know he's not technically on the "editorial staff" but he's the only person from "staff lists" that isn't. He's on a ton of GB content, and I know he does QLs and reviews on occasion. Seems odd to me. Has this ever been asked before? What gives @rorie?

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Too busy dealing with everyone's emails.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Giant Bomb mug takes priority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

It's too bad, as I find Rorie pretty insightful.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get the feeling Rorie doesn't play a whole lot of games compared to the other staff, as he seems to spend a lot of time at work, and a lot of time doing cool concert and other real world stuff, so while he can easily have a "10 games I played this year" list, I'm not sure he would be best for a more debate focused view of all the games in the different categories. Even when he is on podcasts, if he doesn't know much about the game, he is either super silent or just making puns/random comments.

Maybe I'm wrong though and he plays the most games on the staff! I wouldn't be surprised if Rorie can function on 1 hour of sleep a week.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: I wouldn't be surprised if he could run on that either, I mean he is basically a puppy in a human costume at this point (god that GOTY video was the best).

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I guess this partially coming from my disappointment with the fact that I suspect he would rep for a really underserved giantbomb demo -- people who CRPGs like Pillars of Eternity this year and Divinity OS last year.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I get the feeling Rorie doesn't play a whole lot of games compared to the other staff, as he seems to spend a lot of time at work, and a lot of time doing cool concert and other real world stuff, so while he can easily have a "10 games I played this year" list, I'm not sure he would be best for a more debate focused view of all the games in the different categories. Even when he is on podcasts, if he doesn't know much about the game, he is either super silent or just making puns/random comments.

Yea this is pretty much what I was going to say. I don't find it odd. He's never been on any of the GOTY deliberations before and besides dealing with stuff on the site I just don't think he plays enough current games to meaningfully contribute. This is just speculation as I obviously don't know him personally.

I think Drew is almost in the same boat, more likely to be out in the wilderness or something than sitting at home playing the new releases every week, not to say he doesn't occasionally. There are often long periods where Drew doesn't pipe up during deliberations, I presume, for the same reason. Not trying to be an ass towards Drew or Rorie, they're both cool dudes.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OMGFather

It is a shame there's less Pillars of Eternity talk without him!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hunkulese

I get the impression that he doesn't play a ton of games.

I hope his top ten list is the ten best places to nap at work.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Stop sending him emails then!

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

It kind of seems like he plays about one game a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.