Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Is There a Way to Replay the Entire Story Without Erasing Your Save Data?

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I should make it clear what I'm asking here: I am well aware that main story missions can be replayed at will and any cutscenes associated with those missions will play. What I'm looking for is a way to see the cutscenes that played at various other points in the game (scenes that happen when coming back to mother base after a side op, cutscenes not associated with specific missions, etc) while playing through the story again, or a way to reset your story progress while keeping your base and research intact. I fear the answer is "no" as I haven't found any way to do it, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else had figured it out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

What platform are you on? Not sure how xbox stuff works but if you're on PS4 you could upload your save to the cloud (make sure to disable auto-uploads) then delete your save and just start a new game recovering your "main" save whenever you're done tinkering around with the new game file.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I finally got my wife to sit down and watch the game. I thought the intro to the game was great. Lo and behold when I started the first mission the intro didn't play...and I was like 'fuck.'

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I'm playing on PC, so if I have to I can just make a copy of my save and start from scratch, but I'm hoping that I can find a way to keep my progress so that I can keep my research going and use my upgraded equipment on a second playthrough.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah if you're on PC just copy your save data somewhere. To my knowledge there is no way to redo everything as though playing a new save while also still researching your new stuff like a NG+. Sorry, duder.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sucks you can't have multiple save games

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

I guess you could just play the game on a different profile. on PS3/4 anyway. but it would be a whole new save but at least your main save would be intact.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viqor: As of now, no. Ground Zeroes operated in exactly the same way, although it wasn't a problem as that whole game was just one main mission + a number of side ops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.