Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Randoms in MGO can be infuriating

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Imagine this happening to you..

I was playing bounty hunters mode in MGO and we were losing and the final minute is counting down but i thought i was lucky as one of my teammates have spotted a player from the opposing team with a high bounty on his head!

I ran towards the player then i CQCed and fultoned him but before he got pulled up to the sky, a teammate comes out of nowhere and kills him! Then, he radioed in "Sorry!".

I was furious because i didn't just lose my fulton recovery points but we lost the match because one of my teammates was extra greedy.

MGO is great but when a teammate jumps in and ruin the match or take my points, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Avatar image for deactivated-587b6acd5d124
    deactivated-587b6acd5d124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said he was sorry.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rands?

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin:Its short for Randoms term for any player you do not know.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

Happens in all multi-player shooters, objectives base game modes baffles newer players or they are just being greedy and are only caring about their own high kill score. greedy players are the bane of objective base multi-player modes. but oh well

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ruckus: Huh, never heard it shortened like that before. I've only heard "randos". I must be getting old.

I got all excited for a minute and thought the Rands from Contradiction were playing MGO.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

This exact thing happened to me. I sent the guy a message saying he was a fucking idiot, then I felt dumb for lashing out over a video game. When I think about it, I'd bet that about half the players don't understand the whole bounty/ticket/fulton system and think that fultoning a guy is mostly just a fuck you, kind of like doing an execution for more points in Gears of War rather than just quickly getting the kill.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_e_martin: if only Rands was in MGO I might care more for it. I'm guessing that rands probably descended from randumbs various other terms from last 10 years

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've lost a lot of bounty matches due to randos murdering the +5 or more player I just strung up in a Fulton. Worst was a +12 that would have won us the game in a godly clutch-comeback at the last moment.

I have also won a lot of bounty matches by being the only one fultoning. Best was a +13 that did win us the game, by tapping out the walker gear master.

:(

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@a_e_martin: E.g. Rand Paul, Ayn Rand; etc. An objectivist prick that only cares about his own scorecard. Of course once it happens to you you'll do it too; it's inevitable. Also who cares unless it's straight up only you two in an area and there's no heat whatsoever.

Also don't play Bounty Hunter.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

No Caption Provided

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GalacticPunt

@drmantistabogganmd said:

He said he was sorry.

He said he was sorry.

He said he was sorry.

(I know you're trying to make some distinction about him using the "Sorry!" emote, but c'mon!) This will always be part of the price of admission when playing with other humans. Humans make mistakes.

EDIT: What does the Jeff alien mean? Is th-this an ARG?

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, there was part where basically the entire playerbase of a match ended up in the same spot, and while we were all chain-CQCing each other I was the last one left-- so I start fultoning everyone, but then someone on my team runs in in a Walker Gear and kicks me, knocks me out and then proceeds to start spamming his gattling gun and killing everyone while saying "Sorry".

That's the only bad experience I've had with other teammates though. Usually I'm too busy sucking ass to have anyone get in my way.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My head is starting to hurt, I think I need a glass of milk.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18 chaser324  Moderator

I haven't played much of MGO, but this seems to be a pretty common problem. I've had a few of my fulton attempts foiled by bloodthirsty teammates, and I have on several occasions heard people shouting at teammates things like, "Don't shoot! Don't shoot him!"

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@the_ruckus: Totally understand but as you know some games have some methods that help in making the game fare for everyone like disabling friendly fire. I really think that the overall experience can be better if teammates can't kill fultoned enemies.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: This!

Some of the replies in here think that the "Sorry" codec was an actual apology but i guess they didn't play the game as it is seriously misused by some AAA ass holes in the game.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeJerk

I shot someone's fultoned enemy down due to lag twice today and I feel bad about it, but you know, lag in MGO3. CQC, fulton, win match..

..meet up with that very soldier like 20 years later after the countries declared peace, hang out, become friends, present each others families, have a great set of decades in peace and calm, retirement home then bam, back to the battlefield comes the rubberband-lag and suddenly I'm the one getting CQC and fulton done on me.

(Late thing I really want to add: The rare times there's no lag screwing me over, no rubberbanding players, no nothing bad, and the map is decent, then MGO3 is the best I've played this year in online dudershooters. These rare times become fewer and fewer.)

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why singleplayer can never be as good as multiplayer.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is the most annoying thing in Bounty Hunter. Especially when they guy has a high bounty. I feel like some people just don't know or are just too trigger happy. One time I was getting ready to fulton a pretty big bounty and Ocelot comes out of nowhere and just starts straight dumping his dual revolvers. It was funny ,but man that sucks.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't experienced that, but I've had +8 or more bounty on me while being knocked out, not a single team mate in sight, out in the open, and some guy on the enemy team kills me before the guy gets to fulton me. It's mind boggling how many times this has happened to me. Is it really worth those 150 points and a lost to steal the kill?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could fix all of this if they just made it so that once someone has been Fultoned, only their teammates can shoot the balloon/the guy himself. Allowing your trigger happy teammates to shoot people you've already Fultoned is dumb.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some fuckwit kept doing this in the last match I played. I'd knock a dude out and start fultoning and he'd run up and cap them. Gotta get that hot KDR, I guess. Fuck winning.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is infuriating in MGO.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The problem with multiplayer will always be the other players haha

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nefarious_Al

Most of the player base in MGO are fucking idiots. Lost count how many times someone killed the guy I was interrogating before it finishes. Biggest complaint I have about MGO are the dumb shits playing it. BLOPS 3 needs to hurry up so they can leave this gem alone.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shortening "randoms" to "rands" is way more annoying than what that guy did. You're only cutting out two letters lol.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By monetarydread

Sounds like its the OP's fault for being so invested in a game. Its only a video game and apparently you care a lot more than the average person does about competition.

If you care so much you should only be playing with a clan, PUG (pick up groups) are for people like me who only have a half-hour a day for games and coud not care less about the outcome. I am there to have fun, and to me, winning is not an essential part of having fun.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more Rands? That carried the thread up to this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.