Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

Icarus Pursuit Cops

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlianthaBerries

Remember the moment in chapter 8 when you walk out to the huge cylindrical area only to turn around and be faced by these intimidating-looking fellas. Over the intercom you are heavily advised to run from these dudes as you are for most encounters with the police but it was stressed here that you cannot beat these dudes.  

Hearing their footsteps behind me, gaining, not letting up was one of the most intense gaming experience I have had in a while and after a few more jumps and vaults I couldn't take the tension so I turned around and spent the next few minutes fighting and dying and fighting, eventually I beat them. This sort of killed the rest of this section for me and I don't think the designers anticipated this from a player because the chase music was still playing, perhaps it bugged out for me. 

Did anyone else do this? I have read the guide on this site and it says you cannot beat these cops which is clearly not true, tssk

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By KyleBaron

You beat 'em? How?

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlianthaBerries

The way you beat any combat, slide-kick punch punch. 

Run away

Slide kick, punch, punch.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

Must have taken you quite a while, I know that if I was to get into combat with those guys, I'd use the wall-kick or jump attacks to have any chance of beating them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.