Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Another Glitch

Avatar image for sovietdancnbear
    Sovietdancnbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sovietdancnbear

I was playing TDM with some friends and this random dude we had was running his mouth the whole time about this "sweet" glitch he ran into with the Care crates. Apparently there's a way to call in a crate, get that killstreak and somehow get a second. The guy ended up turning 1 crate into a predator and a Pave Low.  

Has anyone else seen this one or was he just messing around with us?

mikbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mikbal

unlimited care package glitch. something do with knifing when picking up weapon while holding care package marker. dont remeber the specifics, but you will get unlimited care package markers this way.

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coldfront
    @mikbal said:
    " unlimited care package glitch. something do with knifing when picking up weapon while holding care package marker. dont remeber the specifics, but you will get unlimited care package markers this way. "
    This is correct but patched so he may have saved a pave low to look cool or had two care packages saved
    Sovietdancnbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sovietdancnbear

This guy was looking for a mountable ledge to climb apparently that and double tapping the d-pad was the way to kick it off, all that and his screen name was something like banned console or something like it. 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CornontheCobbe

It was patched a while ago though was it not? I remeber everyone bitching about it a few months ago. Around the same time of that stupid javelin glitch.

Maybe it could be that trick using One Man Army and Hard-line.

2 classes with One Man Army. One with Hard-line, the other without. Once you get a certain amount of kills with your hard-line and get your kill-streak, switch to the class that does not have hard-line and then get 1 more kill. Apparently you're supposed to get that kill-streak again, but i have not had any luck getting it to work.

Sovietdancnbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sovietdancnbear

Hard to tell, I didn't know if this was widespread or an isolated incident, from what you guys are saying it sounds like it was isolated.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Relys

Step 1: Equip carepackage.

Step 2: Press A to climb up ledge. When you're about to climb over, double tap the D-PAD. 

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

i don't think this glitch is patched because last night i was playing with a friend and there were like 10 different emergency airdrops. the person only had 30 kills, which requires 9 or 10 kills depends on if ur using hard-line.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Hannibal

I play with a care package-Predator-airdrop setup, and in a game yesterday I got a Pave Low with the care package and for some reason it counted and got me the other two kill streaks. Hasn't happened before or since.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Yet another? These glitches are just deliciously funny sometimes.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By weegieanawrench
    @Snail: Yeah. I also love how there seems to be an endless supply of these often ridiculous glitches.
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gahzoo

Another reason for me to hate MW2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.