Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Mystery Player/Cheater?

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fentonalpha

Jumped into a game on Quarry today where i noticed a player with a strange gamer-tag... I won't give it away but his gamer-tag had green text in it and the letter Y at the end was the yellow game-pad button Y (on xbox)

He won with a nuke at 25-0 but was not boosting from what i can tell... infact i never even saw him.  Strangest thing was i went to my recent players list but he/she  wasn't listed.  
     Could this have been a gamer on a modded console or is there something i don't know in regards to making unique gamertags.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

There are some special cases of this; yes, I'm not sure how the hell they manage to do it but I've seen it on two occasions. Once was with two guys wearing Infinity Ward as their gamertags, one in red and the other in green. The other time was like yours with the Xbox 360 buttons there and all.

Its really weird.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bass

I saw this as well today. a rainbow colored name and a name that had the B button as part of the title. Really weird since it was in the same game and i have never seen it previously.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By m1k3

saw this before while playing online. the name had all the face buttons of the 360 controller. he/she was either booted or left the lobby. it was really suspicious.

Avatar image for sovietdancnbear
    Sovietdancnbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sovietdancnbear

I've seen it a couple times too, I remember it because I got slaughtered by that guy.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fentonalpha

According to Google searching it seems to be a new glitch in MW2 that is allowing people to do this.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Coombs

Just before MW2 came out I was seeing this same thing almost everyday on WaW,
    They can use all the 360 button images somehow, the sticks and everything

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Skald

Saw a dude called "Press X (the button) to be gay" or something like that. Looked at his gamercard and his gamertag wasn't even close. And that was actually quite a while ago.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MrSnow

Hacks >: I

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SammydesinasNL
    @MrSnow said:
    "Hacks >: I "

This. Although him getting the nuke was probably not by hacking. Some people can hack buttons into their GT's.
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MistaSparkle

I also had a game with a weirdly colored name player. It said "FUCK" with red, blue, green, and yellow i think. Anyways he was on the other team and immediately after we began, predator missiles just came falling from the sky. Fortunately, he was gone shortly after. I dont know if he was kicked or just left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.