Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

What is the point in "rusted" equipment?

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so I've been trying to make more of an effort on Expeditions lately...I figure maybe I'll see the point of them (other than collecting adorable Poogie costumes). I'm struggling though, rusted equipment I just don't get.

At first I was like "Oh neat! I can get gear from other games this way!" then I looked a little closer and went "Oh crap, I can get randomised worthless gear from other games with no cohesive skills." Likewise for the weapons.

Is there something I'm missing about Rusted gear? It was awesome in previous games but I have no idea how it's meant to be used here. Normally I get a piece and it has maybe 1 random skill on it. Nothing I can build a set with or work with. I feel like there's some massive selling point I'm missing on this stuff.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

It's the new end-game. The strongest equipment comes in the form of Rusted gear from doing high level Guild Quest expeditions.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NeoCalypso

Yeah sadly at the beginning that stuff is pretty useless. But the very best of that stuff from level 140 guild quests is pretty much the most powerful weapons in the game. I'm not sure if you can get lucky with really powerful stuff in low or high rank but It kinda doesn't seem like it's worth the time when you can spend that time going through caravan or raising your HR instead. I don't think I've heard of anyone using any of that armor either, it's all weapons or bust. Also the "rusted" stuff you are thinking about from the last game isn't the same is the expedition stuff which is technically called Relic gear. That old rusted stuff is upgraded just like any other weapon like always.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@neocalypso:

Hmm yeah I tried looking around the place for some information on expeditions and saw some article touting them as a great new thing. Of course the gear wasn't really matching up. Maybe it'll get better round about G level? Or *sigh* I could grind up a level 140 guild quest.

Armour still useless at that point though? Well damn, the concept of random weapons seemed pretty nice for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.