Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

I've preordered Tekken Tag 2, is it worth pre ordering Persona4A?

jnw93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jnw93

I have heard P4A is good and watched a little gameplay but should i just stick to 1 fighter or get both @1 time

TTT2 has been very highly rated so should i just stick to 1 great fighter for a while?

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Bigheart711

@jnw93: Did you mean Persona 4 Golden? You posted in that form instead of the one for P4Arena (which was already released in the US and Japan). I don't know if you also get the Arranged Soundtrack if you pre-order it and you're from Europe or not, so if you're expecting anything like that, please put that plan on hold. You should be able to outright buy the game in the US if you live there (in the US) after all.

As for P4G, I think you should go with your heart on this one after you manage/check your funds carefully.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268

I wouldn't preorder something that doesn't even have a set release date. It seems kind of worthless.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Bigheart711

@Jack268 said:

I wouldn't preorder something that doesn't even have a set release date. It seems kind of worthless.

Crap, you're right! I forgot about that one after all. "If there isn't a set release date, then you shouldn't pre-order it at all." It's not a golden rule, but it SHOULD be.

jnw93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jnw93

@Jack268 said:

I took a look @ the release date, it says its out on the 14th just like tekken but if its not 100% i wont bother...

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268

@jnw93 said:

@Jack268 said:

I took a look @ the release date, it says its out on the 14th just like tekken but if its not 100% i wont bother...

There is no official release date right now. Wikipedia has it as "TBA" and I read another thread in the P4A forums which had a quote from some Atlus official saying it wasn't ready yet.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, I typically won't bother pre-ordering from Amazon until the game has a release date and has "release-day arrival". I've had issues in the past with games I pre-ordered before that point not automatically upgrading to "release-day arrival" when it becomes available. If you're pre-ordering in a brick & mortar store, definitely don't put your money in until there's a release date because if you end up needing/wanting to cancel, the best you'll probably do is get store credit back.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By mscupcakes

I probably jumped the gun by preordering my copy of it a few months ago, but at least I know there'll be a copy waiting for me whenever it does come out.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

What the fuck is this thread?

P4A is already out. You're talking about whether you should stick to one fighting game so you can't be talking about P4G.

P4A is a strong offering if you're either A) a fan of anime-style fighters (ie. GG / BB) or B) a fan of Persona 4. If you are either of those, pick it up. If not, skip it.

In stores now.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By punisherkaos
    @StarvingGamer Lol why did it take so long for someone to point that out.
    Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ChadMasterFlash
    @punisherkaos said:
    @StarvingGamer Lol why did it take so long for someone to point that out.
    I think they might be talking about the European release.
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Petiew
    @StarvingGamer: P4A hasn't been released in Europe, Australia and other places. There's still no release date and the publishers don't even have a working copy to put through certification yet.

Just go for TTT2. They're both very different games anyway, the wait for P4A will be quite long so if you're still interested you can pick it up when it eventually comes out. No point pre-ordering right now in case you forget about it and are shipped a game you don't want anymore.
    RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RazielCuts

Why did you pre order Tag 2? I doubt it's going to sell out, looks only marginally different from regular Tekken or Tag 1. (this is coming from a guy who love(d)s Tekken)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.