Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Portable

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 31, 2008

The first iteration of the popular Phantasy Star series for the PSP. The game features a single player campaign, local ad-hoc multiplayer, DLC updates, and the ability to transfer characters from PC/PS2 in Japan.

Phantasy Star Portable 2? (Rumour)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

This is only a rumour based on a magazine snippet which has been appearing on Japanese gaming sites:

No Caption Provided
    The image above details the content of the PSU Chronicles UMD video disc that will be included with the upcoming budget re-release of Phantasy Star Portable in Japan. Could it be a preview video?, it does seem likely...

The first game has sold ample copies to warrant a sequel, so this should come as no surprise if true.

Thanks to Andriasang

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

I hope not, I'd like to see a return to the franchise's roots... Well, not its roots (JRPG and all) but its online beginnings. Maybe a remake of the first Phantasy Star Online, or even a simple re-release of it on PSP. I think those games were much better than Universe/Portable. A direct sequel to Online, ignoring any developments and style changes Universe brought, would be very welcome indeed... It could take a hint of Monster Hunter in making combat more skill based, but still keeping its Diablo-esque loot festivals and accessibility for people who aren't as dedicated...

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

My only Phantasy Star experience was a poor one so I tend to stay away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.