Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pid

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 31, 2012

A whimsical but difficult puzzle-platformer by Might & Delight, a studio formed by ex-employees of GRIN.

Pid has added an easy mode. Too late?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

After seemingly every review, professional and amateur, blasted the game for having frustrating difficulty given the sluggish controls and whimsical tone of the game, Might and Delight have gone back and created an easy mode where they "have redesigned nearly ALL levels and maybe most importantly made ALL the boss fights shorter and more simple." While it's baffling that none of the testers, friends, or families of the devs somehow thought to mention that "Hey, you guys are kind of dicks, why is your game so frustrating and difficult?", I guess it's nice that they went back and fixed it. But will anybody care at this point?

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

Unfortunately I think it's way too late, anybody who was turned off by the difficulty is probably long gone by now.

Good for them for putting in an easy mode, though this gif seems relevant now:

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

Nice that they fixed the game's fucked up difficulty, but I remember this patch came out weeks after I had beaten the game. It doesn't have much replay value, but I suppose it's better late than never.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@KarlPilkington said:

Unfortunately I think it's way too late, anybody who was turned off by the difficulty is probably long gone by now.

Good for them for putting in an easy mode, though this gif seems relevant now:

Also, while this is a nice addition for people who maybe already owned the game but didn't finish it, they've kinda already done their marketing push for the game with whatever launch trailers and so on, so I can't imagine they're going to entice many more people to buy the game when only like <1% of gamers hear about these sorts of "oh god we fixed it" patches.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Maybe someone will.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I gave the demo a try but could not finish it, I gave it several tries in fact. Why an easy mode wasn't included from the very beginning is a mystery to me, but it's still nice of them to patch that in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.