Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PlayStation 4 Acquired: Setting it up for the very first time

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I picked up my PlayStation 4 from the closest UPS Customer Center (about a 40-minute drive) right before 9 AM hit on November 15th, 2013. Thanks to an informative post on reddit, I didn't have to wait until 4 or 5 PM like I usually have to do with UPS packages.

My local UPS Customer Center.
    My local UPS Customer Center.
    Making sure my PlayStation 4 shipped OK before leaving the parking lot.
    Making sure my PlayStation 4 shipped OK before leaving the parking lot.

On my way back home I stopped off at Walmart to pick up Killzone: Shadow Fall, but, along with a few other games and the console itself, they were completely sold out. Luckily there's a GameStop right by it, so I managed to get the game there.

No Caption Provided
    In my kitchen.
    In my kitchen.

I strapped a GoPro to my head and unboxed the console and accessories, transitioning into a direct capture (in beautiful 1080p) of the PlayStation 4 user interface as I set up and personalized my console. The only parts I cut are where you can see me inputting my passwords. Other than that, the intention of the video is show what the experience is like for a person first turning on their PlayStation 4. The load times have improved since recording.

Jump to the 11:37 mark to go straight to the direct capture of the UI.

27:10 - Settings

33:55 - Trophies

37:28 - Friends

39:22 - PlayStation Store

50:03 - Library

50:29 - Live from PlayStation (viewing livestreams). I am very impressed with how well they pulled this off.

1:01:00 - Putting in the Killzone: Shadow Fall disc.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Guess I know where Ill be at 9am on this Friday :P

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gleasonryan: At my UPS Customer Center to jack my Xbox One?!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good stuff. Only 10 days until i can pick up mine. Also you got the best wiring i have ever seen, rolling out that network cable like your laying down telelines to the frontline bunker in ww2 :D

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

Good stuff. Only 10 days until i can pick up mine. Also you got the best wiring i have ever seen, rolling out that network cable like your laying down telelines to the frontline bunker in ww2 :D

Haha, thanks! It's becoming more and more difficult to close the doors, however. I think I've reached my cable limit.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.