Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Quick question about the real name / facebook stuff

petedee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

I am part of a couple of facebook groups or people from old forums / friends of friends etc that regularly do gaming but I don't currently have on my PSN list due to a lack of space.

I want to add these guys to PSN when I get my PS4 on Friday (damn Europe) so that we can game together but I was wondering:

1. Do I have to be facebook friends with them to add them to my list?
    2. Do I have to know their PSN IDs to add them to my list?
    3. Does my facebook ID or my PSN ID come up if I request to be a friend with them?
    buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. No you don't.

2. Yes you do.

3. Your psn ID will come up when you request. After you both accept the friend request you can send a "real name request".

petedee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By petedee

So basically its the same as normal for registering them but you can put an additional request in to know their real names?

Seems simple enough... thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.