Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Why is there a software update saying dec, 2009?

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deskp

I just started up my playsation to change my password after the hack thing, and there is a patch available, it says version 1.4 and is laveled december 10 2009.

it also says (c)2009 sony computer entertainment...

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

My guess would be that people are lazy and just copy/paste old legal documentation when making new documentation.

Edit: Just loaded it up. That's the User Agreement that was dated Dec 10, 2009, not the software update. The user agreement hasn't changed.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By beepmachine

I just wouldn't touch anything until we know more. You can change your password through psn or sen's website.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@dennisthemennis said:

I just wouldn't touch anything until we know more. You can change your password through psn or sen's website.

They already got the information, if there was any danger Sony would have taken PSN off line, the danger is over. Of coarse maybe I give them too much credit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.