Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

is the keyboard worth buying?

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

I was wondering about peoples opinion on the keyboard. Is it worth picking up? I have the game and have everything but the keyboard.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soldierg654342

Depends on a number of things, but mostly how serious you are. In my experince, people find normal keyboard to be too boring or easy on all difficulties, while pro keyboard is is far too difficult (in demand and notation) and people get frustrated with it easily, even on easy.  

Not to mention the fact that the only songs that you will be able to use pro keys on (and really, you need to play pro keys to get your money's worth) are the ones on disc. You don't get retroactive pro compatability like with drums and you have to pay extra for any DLC you want to play on pro.  

Extrapolate what you will from that. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I agree with this:

Not to mention the fact that the only songs that you will be able to use pro keys on (and really, you need to play pro keys to get your money's worth) are the ones on disc. You don't get retroactive pro compatability like with drums and you have to pay extra for any DLC you want to play on pro.

But not with this:

while pro keyboard is is far too difficult (in demand and notation) and people get frustrated with it easily, even on easy.

It's perfectly learnable on Easy, even Medium. When you step up to Hard is where it can get tough. As long as you're OK with possibly never being able to play Expert or Hard, then you'll be happy I think.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SomeJerk

As an actual keyboard player I just want to use it as a cheap keytar midi controller, but I have no idea how comfortable the keys are compared to regular keyboards :<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.