Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Ryan Davis - A friend I've never met

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By stenchlord

I just found out some bad news that upset me and to those around me who aren't as distressed and unsettled as I am, you will never understand why.

I just found out Ryan Davis passed away last week.

To the people asking me why I'm dismayed, if you aren't in the same state as me you didn't know Ryan Davis. The honest truth though is, I didn't know Ryan Davis, at least not personally. He's not someone I've met in person before, he's not even someone I've ever talked to before yet here I am sobbing like a kid who lost his favourite teddy bear and best friend. That friend who at the sight of him could make you smile..

That is the kind of person Ryan is to me.

To those that don't know Ryan Davis, he was a video game journalist who co-founded video game website Giant Bomb. To those of us who follow the site and before that his work at GameSpot, he was so much more. There was a reason why Ryan was usually appointed host whenever Giant Bomb had a show or a panel or the podcast. He had a prescence which was hard to ignore and he always seemed genuine in what he said and did and because of this it always felt like with each show, each segment, you got to know him more. The list of people who didn't like Ryan would be short and even they, upon finding out this tragic news, will join us among the shattered.

My thoughts and heart go out to those who knew him so well. I cannot begin to perceive how you feel but know that all of us who knew Ryan join you in mourning the passing of a man who made the world a brighter place or better yet, join you in celebrating the life of a man who we all loved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.