Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 26, 2015

An Atlus-developed RPG for Wii U set in a modern-day world of music and art featuring characters and gameplay elements from Intelligent System's Fire Emblem franchise mixed with elements from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem may be at E3 2015

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

So, IGN posted a list of games they have been told will be at E3 2015. Among the list are some anticipated games like Gears of War 4, Borderlands 3, etc. but what really took me by surprise was seeing Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. With the rumors of this game being canceled and having not heard anything since early 2013 I was really starting to think this one was DOA, but it looks like we could hear more soon. Hopefully there'll be a Nintendo Direct before E3 that will give us more info, but either way this is pretty encouraging.

Take note that only titles with an asterix next to their name are games 100% confirmed to be at the show, and SMTXFE (wow, that's a cumbersome one) is not a game with an asterix.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2015

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Outside of the asterisked games, that list seems like speculation, however...

In a recent interview, an Atlus employee said that he started at the company working on an RPG that is innovative and different from previous Atlus games and has not been announced yet. He's still working on the same game. Of course, SMT X FE has technically already been announced (duh), but it hasn't been "revealed" yet. This employee started on the project 2 years ago and SMT x FE was announced on January 23, 2013 (2 years ago). Also he works for Atlus' Creative department 1st Production, which I believe is responsible for the SMT games. 2nd Production is P Studio.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@aegon: Yeah, someone also dug up a Best Buy listing. Apparently it was only added about a month ago, but take that with a grain of salt.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-fire-emblem-nintendo-wii-u/8713099.p?id=1218887711785&skuId=8713099

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game is vaporware. I'm convinced it doesn't exist. We've seen more of Last Guardian then this and that's saying something.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will believe it when I see it, at which point I may start foaming at the mouth

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: @kishinfoulux: I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. I definitely am. But I do think that the game most likely exists, doesn't seem like a Nintendo move to announce something and not announce a cancellation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.