Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

need advice

Saseav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Saseav

I'm on the prince difficulty with standard amounts of peeps playing on an earth type map.  The civs are/were Jap,Turks,Greece,Rome,Arabia,Siam,some other guy, me.  Anyhow i tried manipulating everyone to fight wars against each other.  This worked well as the japs took istanbul.  i thought that since rome and greece hated japan  and had just declared war they'd be ok with my war against them. guess not. either way we knock out japan and then arabia and alexander declares war on me. i take one city from Arabia and force a treaty, i took athens and sparta and destroyed the greeks..  later Arabia who were in africa takes out their neighbor Siam.  now their all hostile towards me except that other guy i havent met, and they're all willing to wage war on me only 2 cities can produce or i go to -30 happiness. and since if they declare war on me i can't maintain a 2 front war. what can i do?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Its an issue the game has - being a warmonger, even if you helped an ally is a bad thing in the minds of other civs.  Hopefully that will be addressed in a patch, as Civ 4 handled that more realistically.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jorbear
    @mosdl: Yeah, this has almost kept me from playing the game. 
    Almost.
    mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mm665

If you want game with good diplomacy play Napoleon: Total War. At least there you can see why everyone hates you :P

shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shadyspace

The Japanese. Not Japs.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Wuddel
    @mosdl said:
    " Its an issue the game has - being a warmonger, even if you helped an ally is a bad thing in the minds of other civs.  Hopefully that will be addressed in a patch, as Civ 4 handled that more realistically. "
    Well, by introducing the weird religion mechanic. More realistically: No. More interesting: Yes.
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mosdl
    @mm665: Civ 4 had that as well, numbers for why someone likes/hates you and they lasted all game.
    Saseav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saseav

I'm happy to report, that even though i went though 2 wars with the exact same people(arabia/rome), technically lost the first one to arabia but beat rome on both accounts, bankruptcy, -20 unhappiness,long ass shots. France(I) has conquered Rome,Mecca, the rest of the ottomans, and found  Babylon some 20 turns away and took that too.  and it was pretty epic. city states rock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.