Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

I don't have any friends, and a couple questions.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

Once I actually have some money I'm probably going to pick up Starcraft 2, but I  have a couple kinda dumb questions
    Okay, so I don't know a single person who is going to get this game, except my brother who said he might get it, but maybe not.  So will the mulitplayer still be fun since I'm probably going to spend most my time playing 1v1, because I don't like playing with randoms?
    Second, I played Starcraft, but I remember absolutely nothing about the story, do I need to catch up on the story in the first one If I want to enjoy Starcraft 2's campaign?
    Do people use mics to communicate in this game, or do most of them just use a keyboard?  Because I will just use a keyboard if I decide to try some team games or something, and I don't want to keep getting kicked because people will only play if you got a mic.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wchigo

1) There's a fairly large community of people here that have the game, so you can add them and play against them. That way they're not total unknowns like the people you'll play against on the ladder.
    2) Not really. They do cover the broad strokes of what happened in SC1 when you install the game. Perhaps a refresher on the story from wiki or something should suffice otherwise.
    3) I've not really heard of many people playing using mics (unless they're playing with people they know IRL), so you should be fine using just your keyboard.

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By infamous021
    @ArchScabby: -1vs1 is the best multiplayer mode, and theres loads of people you would find here and battle.net that would be willing to join you in some matches.
    -They fill in the basics while you install the game. Theres also a full summary in the manual thats multiple pages long, but I found it very helpful. 
    -I have never been in a match yet where someone has used a mic. Its because mic support is currently broken for alot of people from looking at the technical support section on battle.net. Keyboard is the method I've used every game and it works well since most of the time your allies are willing to communicate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.