Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Powering through the main quest right away?

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By None_Braver

I understand that you can still play after you beat the story. Are there any disadvantages to doing this?

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By beckley205

There are dragons.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

No disadvantages, but its not as good as the rest of the game. You know there is so much to do in the game that you need not even do it at all, just get far enough so there are Dragons in the world and leave it at that.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

I guess it can get quite tough with an underleveled character. Everything scales with you, although not so much as it did in Oblivion. But still, having those extra perks can really make a difference. I would suggest doing some side-questing between each storyline mission, just to work on your skills and get some useful perks. You can leave all the "fine tuning" for after the main quest is done.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

As the story progresses enemies do get tougher (as well as when you level up), the dragons get way more powerful (not sure about completing the main story, whether they all die or stay) and the story should really be your 'emergency reserve'. Eventually you will run out of stuff to do, and that's when you hit the story as it often opens up more interesting areas and some new misc/side quests. There are the guilds, but their quest lines are like a quarter the length of the ones in Oblivion, and they're all pretty similar.

I guess it really depends on what you want to be in the game or taken out, be it challenging fights or no dragons (I haven't completed the main story, so I don't know what happens to the dragons, although I'm assuming they all die).

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Commisar123

I actually think you should finish the main quest first, because the rest of the game is so much better then it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.