Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Question about Xbox 360 version of Skyrim

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperZamrod

Guys, quick question. I just bought Skyrim for the 360 (for $20 bucks!!) and I'm going to start playing it Friday after I'm done with my last final. However, I know there were some issues with the Xbox 360 version and the textures not loading properly when the game was installed on the hard-drive. Does this problem still exist? When I put this game in my Xbox on Friday, should I go ahead and install it to the hard-drive or will that still cause the texture issue? Thanks a lot!

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hargreaves93

I'm not 100% sure to your answer but I play the 360 version without it being installed on my hard drive and it works fine. Textures and all.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

This issue has been patched, install away or suffer load times suffused with the power of devils.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

It's fucking fine.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mahonay

The issues seem to be different for different people.

That last update fixed the texture loading issue for some people but the new patch also introduced backwards flying dragons and nulled any resistance effects for yourself and for any NPC enemies/characters.

You unfortunately missed the boat on the 1.1 patch that came out on release day. I'm not sure what that all fixed but it's my understanding there are a lot of issues that the game shipped with that it patched up. Your call on this one. You will be downloading the 1.2 patch which has the new glitches, but you will also at least get the day 1 fixes. Kind of a toss up.

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperZamrod

Hmm, so I guess I'll go ahead and install the game to the hard-drive. Any word on when the next patch will come out?

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mahonay

@TooWalrus said:

It's fucking fine.

Not completely, but mostly.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DougQuaid

@SuperZamrod said:

Hmm, so I guess I'll go ahead and install the game to the hard-drive. Any word on when the next patch will come out?

Sometime this week I thought?

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mahonay

@DougQuaid said:

@SuperZamrod said:

It came out last week for the PC, I have not heard word on when the PS3 and 360 patches would actually get through approval.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ABritishNerd
    @DougQuaid

@SuperZamrod said:

I do recall them saying late this week, yes.
    SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperZamrod

Man, it'd be great if it came out before I started playing on Friday! I can't wait any longer to get into this game..

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mahonay

@ABritishNerd said:

@DougQuaid

@SuperZamrod said:

I do recall them saying late this week, yes.

I hope so. I've just been playing offline for the past couple of weeks. I've been putting up with the longer load times but better textures. At least the load times will feel amazing when I finally do the install to hard drive.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FritzDude

The texture streaming got fixed in the 1.2 update. The 1.3 update (That should fix the problems caused by the 1.2 patch - Magic resistance & glitched dragons) was submitted to Microsoft early last week. Which means that the update should come out before friday this week, mostly between tomorrow (13th December) and Friday (16th), if anything goes smoothly with the process. The patch was supposedly to come out late last week, but it didn't, so i'm pretty sure this week we can download it.

Also there will be a comprehensive update for the game sometime in January.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.