Question about Xbox 360 version of Skyrim

#1 Posted by SuperZamrod (280 posts) -

Guys, quick question. I just bought Skyrim for the 360 (for $20 bucks!!) and I'm going to start playing it Friday after I'm done with my last final. However, I know there were some issues with the Xbox 360 version and the textures not loading properly when the game was installed on the hard-drive. Does this problem still exist? When I put this game in my Xbox on Friday, should I go ahead and install it to the hard-drive or will that still cause the texture issue? Thanks a lot!

#2 Posted by Hargreaves93 (267 posts) -

I'm not 100% sure to your answer but I play the 360 version without it being installed on my hard drive and it works fine. Textures and all.

#3 Posted by Canteu (2844 posts) -

This issue has been patched, install away or suffer load times suffused with the power of devils.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13320 posts) -

It's fucking fine.

#5 Edited by Mahonay (841 posts) -

The issues seem to be different for different people.

That last update fixed the texture loading issue for some people but the new patch also introduced backwards flying dragons and nulled any resistance effects for yourself and for any NPC enemies/characters.

You unfortunately missed the boat on the 1.1 patch that came out on release day. I'm not sure what that all fixed but it's my understanding there are a lot of issues that the game shipped with that it patched up. Your call on this one. You will be downloading the 1.2 patch which has the new glitches, but you will also at least get the day 1 fixes. Kind of a toss up.

#6 Posted by SuperZamrod (280 posts) -

Hmm, so I guess I'll go ahead and install the game to the hard-drive. Any word on when the next patch will come out?

#7 Posted by Mahonay (841 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

It's fucking fine.

Not completely, but mostly.

#8 Posted by DougQuaid (1272 posts) -

@SuperZamrod said:

Hmm, so I guess I'll go ahead and install the game to the hard-drive. Any word on when the next patch will come out?

Sometime this week I thought?

#9 Edited by Mahonay (841 posts) -

@DougQuaid said:

@SuperZamrod said:

It came out last week for the PC, I have not heard word on when the PS3 and 360 patches would actually get through approval.

#10 Posted by ABritishNerd (331 posts) -
@DougQuaid

@SuperZamrod said:

I do recall them saying late this week, yes.
#11 Posted by SuperZamrod (280 posts) -

Man, it'd be great if it came out before I started playing on Friday! I can't wait any longer to get into this game..

#12 Edited by Mahonay (841 posts) -

@ABritishNerd said:

@DougQuaid

@SuperZamrod said:

I do recall them saying late this week, yes.

I hope so. I've just been playing offline for the past couple of weeks. I've been putting up with the longer load times but better textures. At least the load times will feel amazing when I finally do the install to hard drive.

#13 Posted by Atomasist (2793 posts) -

Patch 1.3 is going through certification right now.

#14 Posted by FritzDude (2316 posts) -

The texture streaming got fixed in the 1.2 update. The 1.3 update (That should fix the problems caused by the 1.2 patch - Magic resistance & glitched dragons) was submitted to Microsoft early last week. Which means that the update should come out before friday this week, mostly between tomorrow (13th December) and Friday (16th), if anything goes smoothly with the process. The patch was supposedly to come out late last week, but it didn't, so i'm pretty sure this week we can download it.

Also there will be a comprehensive update for the game sometime in January.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.