Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Shadowmere is -gone-

RagingThuum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RagingThuum

Alright. I'm extremely pissed off at this point. A little over a week ago I was letting my brother play skyrim on my ps3. Well, he fast traveled shadowmere to high hrothgar, uses bound bow to not only kill my shadowmere, but to steal it's soul, then goes to whiterun and buys another horse... And now shadowmere wont respawn. I've done everything. I've killed the new horse, I've waited ten days in a large city, I've gone back to the original pool it spawns from, I've even checked every inch of the mountain. Shadowmere is completely gone. Are there any other tricks or maybe even glitches that could return my slain steed?

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mikey87144

You're screwed.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

If you were playing on the PC, it's a problem you could solve. I think that Shadowmere should respawn in the location he, or rather she died after 15-20 days. At least according to uesp.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McGhee

He killed it and stole it's soul. You think it's just gonna gallop back up the trail to "Tiptoe Through the Tulips?"

It won't fix your problem, but maybe punching your bro in the stomach will make you feel better.

RagingThuum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RagingThuum

@McGhee: well yes actually I do as its scripted into the game to work that way. My concern is that it glitched and in this case is not working, and my hope is someone knows a way to make it work.

My biggest hope is that in the near future console gamers will have access to the command console to fix these problems on the fly

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shiftymagician

Easiest solution is just going back to an earlier save if you want Shadowmere back that badly, unless you are a crazy person that rolls only 1 save in these kinds of games.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By bicycleham  Online

If you run off a small cliff, (enough to kill a horse, but not you), Shadowmere will die. He can also die from any other cause of damage, weapons, magic, etc. If Shadowmere dies on the PC version of Skyrim, a new one can be spawned at the player's location by using the console command, (without quotes), "player.placeatme 0009CCD7". Another option is to target Shadowmere's body and typing resurrect in the console command box. The console is accessed by pressing ~.

If you're on console. You're fucked.

RagingThuum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RagingThuum

@ShiftyMagician: Funny you should mention.. -sigh- my own stupidity I guess. It just completely blindsided me. In all my years of elder scrolls, fallout, and massive map RPG in general, I've never done anything so retarded, so I've never had to be prepared in that manor

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870f1dc21b9
    deactivated-5e870f1dc21b9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe there will be an option to bring him back in DLC like they did with Dogmeat in Fallout 3

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By N7

Your brother is a dick. Go kick his ass. It won't bring Shadowmere back, but it should make you feel better.

RagingThuum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RagingThuum

@billthearle: I hope so too. Maybe it'll be something cool like if you summon the spectral assassin at the pool he'll summon shadowmere

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By briangodsoe

@RagingThuum: well even if you did have a bunch of saves he probably would have saved over all of them anyway. Punch him in the balls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.