Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What are the essential graphics mods for this game?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So after playing a little of ESO i was reminded how great Skyrim is, and whilst i completed it on 360 i never played the PC version.

I'm just about to jump in but wanted to know what are the must have graphics mods for the game?

I just had a quick browse of the community hub on steam and there seem to be pages and pages of them.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Realistic lighting looks great. Also get the HD texture pack from Steam, or an HD texture pack from somewhere. The game looks fine without it but you might as well get it if you're playing on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
    deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

You're going to get a million recommendations and the thing is...they're all correct!

it depends really on your machine but I personally like using only 3-4 mods max and only ones that increase foliage and tweak lighting, color and draw distance.

You can make Skyrim in to a crazy person playground with Transformers running around chasing Spiderman. However, the core game is damn good so I didn't want any mods that added any content, objects or geometry to the game that the original developers didn't make.

Also Skyrim has no end. The game was made with a proprietary algorithm that constantly generates new content infinitely forever and no matter how many quests you do there are more, and there are more places to find. And you just keep leveling up. I've put like 300+ hours in to this shit and I'm only level 39.

Goddamn.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This site has all the best/most popular mods sorted by category. I hope it helps.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Going to check them out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.