Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 27, 2000

The follow-up to Ocarina of Time sees the series stalwart Link embark on a journey to save the land of Termina from being crushed by the moon in three days. To defeat the Skull Kid, Link has to live the same three days over and over again.

Getting Majora's Mask on Release Day with Amazon Prime?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mbradley1992

Has anyone with Amazon Prime pre-ordered the Majora's Mask 3DS release? I pre-ordered it a month ago so I wouldn't forget, and now that there's a firm date of 02/13, I expected to get it that day with Amazon Prime.

Now, I see that the soonest I can get it is the following Monday (02/16) for $3.99. They always do release date delivery, though the one time I remember not getting it was for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Maybe Nintendo doesn't give the stock to Amazon until 02/13, so they can't ship until that date?

Is this a constant with Nintendo 3DS games? Has anyone gotten a release date delivery date?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I rarely preorder games but I seem to remember having this same problem with Zelda A Link between Worlds.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well I know Nintendo is still not a hardware seller on Amazon. There was some beef between the companies way back when and they had a kind of falling out. Maybe Amazon doesn't support release date delivery with Nintendo products? I'm not sure.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mbradley1992

@cerberus3dog: I remember seeing that a couple years back. Over the 3DS, no? Maybe Amazon doesn't get delivery until the release date. I know when I worked at a large big box retailer years ago, we'd get our boxes of Activision games the morning of release at like 5am, preventing midnight releases, because of some marketing issues we had with them over Guitar Hero. So maybe there's something like that here.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Nintendo and Amazon have a less than great history. You typically can't expect the same level of support you'd get from Amazon when you're dealing with Nintendo products, for some reason. I've had better luck when ordering Nintendo products from other sellers, like Newegg.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip: That's because Amazon actually provides good customer support and allows you to return pretty much anything for any reason and they send that cost onto the vendor. Nintendo wasn't willing to do that.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo

You still might get it on release day. I think for Bayonetta 2 and Guilty Gear Xrd (two games I preordered last year), they didn't offer release date delivery until like a week or two before they were released. In that event, they usually bump up Prime preorders to RDD and if you don't see the change on your order or you can't change it yourself, you can talk to a customer service agent and have them change it for you.

In the event they don't explicitly offer RDD, again, there's a small sliver of hope. If they get a shipment early, which seems to be the case with big releases, they might send it out before release day so it arrives as close as possible to release day. Sometimes on it. Again, I had this happen like one time quite a while ago so I wouldn't exactly bank on this happening. Majora's Mask 3d seems to be a big release so I would bet on them offering release day delivery in the near future.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbradley1992: Yes, it was over Amazon's shipments of 3DSes being faulty. Amazon expected a refund from Nintendo for them and Nintendo didn't oblige.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbradley1992: My MM3D Limited Edition shipped today and should be here tomorrow. So yeah, probably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.