Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ToeJam & Earl

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released 1991

Two bodaciously funky rappin' aliens crash land on a totally unfunky planet (Earth) and must piece together their spaceship to return to their homeworld in this Genesis roguelike.

Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkupotamous

Hey Duders I know this had been discussed on a bombcast or two but I hadn't seen any forum topics on this so I figured I'd share this with anyone curious.

Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove is a title being developed by one of the two creators of the original series and he's taken to Kickstarter for what he considers to be a true continuation of the original formula that made his series a cult classic.This new game in progress is a reimagining of the first Toejam & Earl with a mixture of new and old ideas combining them into a 1-4 player co-op, Rogue-like dungeon crawler with it's own weird sense of humor and funky music. Also it seems the developers have announced interest in console versions based on their experience at GDC.

I think what they're doing is pretty rad so feel free to check it out or not, I just wanted to notify any fellow Duders that wanted to know before the Kickstarter ends this month.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove

By the way there's a free mp3 of their new original song for those interested. Just right click this Tumblr link and do a "Save As". Thanks all and stay funky.

https://www.tumblr.com/audio_file/humanaturestudios/113104525592/tumblr_nkwy162C2v1upvbd3?play_key=e6ba8f023e92bbb5aaf06052cd0c6551

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There was a thread somewhere. I backed immediately and I'm looking forward to it, but it really slowed down in the past week. Hopefully they get a big final push for the last couple days.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey guys the Kickstarter is in its final 7 days. Lots of goodies and extras have been added in the last few weeks, so if you want in now is probably the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.