Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

teaching your pet spells

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By buft

One of the things i really enjoyed about the original torchlight was teaching your pet spells so compliment the playstyle you had specced into for instance as a caster with the ability to summon numerous golems i could also teach my pet to summon skeletons of sorts and as a more melee focused character i could put heals and ranged attacks like my own personal mage but while the option is still here in the sequel I'm finding it difficult to actually come across spells in this game.

Just the same i wonder how people tend to use the pets, do you use it as all out damage or as a support role?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

I find the same amount of spells in TL2 that I did in TL1. I learned about this from, maybe Brad on a podcast, or maybe on the forums. Ever sense then I just stuff any summoning spell on my pet. I Spec my pet towards attack, because they never seem to run out of health.

SickHippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SickHippie

I've found that by the end of Act II, I usually have enough spells to fill both my slots and my pet's. On my pet, two summons (preferably multi-summons), a heal all, and a Frost or other elemental spell tend to work best. If push comes to shove, in Act III there's a vendor that has higher level spells to fill in some of the blanks.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

@SickHippie said:

I've found that by the end of Act II, I usually have enough spells to fill both my slots and my pet's. On my pet, two summons (preferably multi-summons), a heal all, and a Frost or other elemental spell tend to work best. If push comes to shove, in Act III there's a vendor that has higher level spells to fill in some of the blanks.

im probably about halfway through act 2 , god to know if my luck doesnt improve i can grab something there

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Loafsmooch

@Dagbiker said:

I find the same amount of spells in TL2 that I did in TL1. I learned about this from, maybe Brad on a podcast, or maybe on the forums. Ever sense then I just stuff any summoning spell on my pet. I Spec my pet towards attack, because they never seem to run out of health.

Are you perhaps playing on normal? Veteran is the "intended" difficulty according to the devs, and the difficulty I would also recommend.

About halfway through act 2 you unlock a vendor of "fine things" or something like that. She sells scrolls/gems, and rings/necklaces. But it might require a sidequest, can't remember.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By SerHulse

@Loafsmooch: I believe it does unlock after a side quest, I think it was the one where you have to destroy the Skara hives.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I use my pet as a summoner or a distraction, in case I need to retreat for a bit.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By beepmachine

I didn't read that "Torchlight II" category tag so I came here expecting the best thread ever :(

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

@Loafsmooch: I think I am playing on normal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.