Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

I didn't know this was released until last night.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So is WoW finally hitting the downard slope/cliff?

I mean Ihaven't seen anyone talking about this at all, anywhere.

I only go to a few other gaming related sites outside of Giantbomb, but that still seems like a really big fucking deal. When Cataclysm launched everyone was all over that shit, hell I was all over that shit and I barely even played WoW. The Cata launch was the first time I got a dude to 60. The hype was so strong with that one it seemed as if everyone, regardless of any previous affinity for WoW, was getting caught up in it.

Panderia seems like the polar opposite though, it's almost dead in the water. It's not that the content is missing though. Yeah it isn't changing the world as much as Cataclsym did, but there's still some cool stuff there. I don't really care for the fucking pandas, but everything else I've read about still looks pretty cool. I kind of want to reup just so I can become a BREW MASTER.

It's just no one is talking about it.

No one.

Ever.

In the histoy of video games.

What the fuck is happening.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

I saw a story on the BBC site about it?

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Meltac

I heard that there are pandas in it?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CaLe

The people who want to play it already know it's out, and have known about its release date. So the fact it's out isn't a surprise to the people who actually care. You obviously didn't care enough.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bell_End

you're talking about it so add a +1 to you list of nobody

oh and me thats +2

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I forgot and than it showed up in the mail. I guess I pre-ordered it :P

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By razkazz

I've never had any interest in WoW but I know there's another huge thread about it on this very forum. And I've been seeing a sweetass CG commercial for it all over the place.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dichemstys

I forgot until last night, then I realized OH GOD PANDAS.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ToxicFruit

huh i knew it was coming out this month but i had totally forgotten it was today

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

There was a small ad on Xbox Live of all places where you could download Alliance and Horde avatar shirts. That's about all that I've seen for it.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kerse

This is the first WoW expansion that I've had 0 interest in, I played from release to cataclysm, and stopped like a month or two into cata. Played TOR for a few months til everyone else stopped playing it because it was boring at the endgame. GW2 isn't holding my interest, but its nice to not have a subscription fee to worry about. I think I'm personally just done with mmos.

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
    deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try looking at mmo-champion.com and listen to The Instance podcast for WoW info and hype. Sites like giantbomb are not the place to gauge WoW activity.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Milkman

My 360 broke earlier than month, I sent it in for repair, got it back and it was only slightly less broken. So, I sent it back in today. And now I sit here with nothing to play on the day of a new WoW expansion and I have tomorrow off. Fuck.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

Same here. Saw the advertisment and thought to myself... DAMN!

Then I returned to playing GW2, and looking forward to playing XCOM in two weeks and Most Wanted soon after that, and eventually playing Borderlands 2 before the year is out, and then there's BF3, which ropes me in every other day for a playsession, and all the Premium content dropping up until early next year - there's just no place for WoW in that picture.

Guess that might be the end of WoW for me. Not picking up an expansion day 1? That was unthinkable for many years. Now however, I didn't even think about it until I today, and I've no urge to actually get it. I guess they just jumped the shark with the Panda setting, because I don't care anymore - at all.

Used to be the other way around. WoW sucking the air out of the room for other games. Now it's the other way around. I like it better this way.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nasos100

ppl actually playing WoW are excited for it. Judging by the general / trade chat. Seems neat ill buy it in a month or so cause no internet for a while. If you play WoW you should get it, if not well you cant even do anything with it without the orginal game +3 expansions anyway

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#16  Edited By Kidavenger

The moment my raid team killed Arthas, that was the day I won the game, it was also the day I completely stopped giving a damn about WoW.

I wish I could get back in, WoW saved me a tonne of money not buying any other games.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I've literally only seen this mentioned on a BBC article, and even that was just like "Hey there's pandas in WOW now... cool".

Whatever, the game is almost a decade old, it's about time people got tired of it. Personally I found it boring after I got my first "Collect 10 of these stupid drops" quest.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Wemibelle

My first WoW expansion where I haven't played within the first 24 hours. I've broken the curse. :)

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MideonNViscera

@ShadowConqueror said:

There was a small ad on Xbox Live of all places where you could download Alliance and Horde avatar shirts. That's about all that I've seen for it.

Seriously? I may grab a Horde one haha

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vexxan

I used to play WoW and had at least 10 IRL friends playing at any time and I can honestly say I don't know anyone who is getting the new expansion. I knew the expansion was coming out around the end of September but there just hasn't been enough buzz going on for me to remember the exact release date.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Rohok

The only person in my circle who talks about it is the guy that always jokes about playing. "Hmm so I'm thinking of rolling a panda, I like the intellectual contributions it makes to the World of Warcraft lore" But that's really just about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
    deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always love the way that the people who don't play WoW really want to let everyone else know about that fact.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By ajamafalous
    @CaLe said:

The people who want to play it already know it's out, and have known about its release date. So the fact it's out isn't a surprise to the people who actually care. You obviously didn't care enough.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus

It looks like a great WoW expansion. 

I don't have time for WoW, maybe I'll get to it... after I graduate? Next May.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By breadfan

Been seeing a lot of ads on TV for it.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

No one really gives a fuck about WoW anymore. First time I haven't resubscribed for an expansion and i'm really happy about it.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By ThePickle

I've been seeing ads for it the past 3 weeks on football games.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Addfwyn

I see a lot of adverts for it, in fact you'd even see them on this very site if you weren't a member (sometimes I open the site when not logged in and see them). I mean sure you can avoid it, but it seems pretty much everywhere. Especially if you frequent any MMO focused sites.

@Imsorrymsjackson: You may want to revise that into YOU don't care about WoW anymore. I am pretty still millions of others still do.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Addfwyn said:

I see a lot of adverts for it, in fact you'd even see them on this very site if you weren't a member (sometimes I open the site when not logged in and see them).

Apparently someone hasn't experienced the magic of Adblock.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Barrock

I pre-ordered the CE. I'm paid up until like February of 2013. I'll dip my toe in down the road.

Really got annoyed with all the "WoW suckz now. Pandas are teh gay" talk that took over the internet.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@razkazz said:

And I've been seeing a sweetass CG commercial for it all over the place.

What, that's not a Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Karkarov

@LordXavierBritish: WoW has been on a downward slope since 1 month after Wrath of the Lich King came out. There are actually almost 50% less people playing it today then played it on Lich Kings launch day. Regardless of the fact that millions of people still play it, that is a pretty telling fact.

Also there is no reason to be excited for this expansion. It adds panda's which were never more than a one shot comedy character from Warcraft 3. Seriously, go look for any other reference to Pandaria or characters from there. Until this expansion there were none. It also adds the WoW version of Pokemon, I am surprised it took Blizzard this many years to rip it off though I feel it would have been a stronger one to pull in Burning Crusade seems a little late in the day to do it now. I also can't help but think that the Fung Fu movies popularity has more to do with their choice of expansion than anything else.

In short Blizzard doesn't have any good ideas for WoW anymore, and honestly, hasn't had any since Wrath of the Lich King. That coupled with the fact that they dumbed down the talent system and character builds even more (who knew it could be done?) and most serious WoW players are coming off a grind in the worst raid in the history of the game (Dragon Soul) I am not surprised people aren't really excited.

Heck I knew people who have played since release who are quitting this month. There is nothing in this expansion that makes it more fun or interesting. It is just a cash in.

galloughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By galloughs

@DexterKid said:

Try looking at mmo-champion.com and listen to The Instance podcast for WoW info and hype. Sites like giantbomb are not the place to gauge WoW activity.

NO MATTER WHAT you do, don't listen to the instance.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jrinswand

I bought Cata but never really played it. I'm done with WoW. I don't mind MMOs in general but I don't play them often because I like to play a large variety of different games, not just one game that I play forever.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bones8677

I think it's pretty clear that WoW has peaked, I seriously doubt it'll ever maintain an increase of subscribers. It'll still take a very long time for it to be considered "dead" however.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By toowalrus
    @galloughs

@DexterKid said:

Why?
    EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EXTomar

*shrug* I have been seeing commercials for this on TV and Giantbomb seems to rotate between it and Torchlight 2.

I personally don't think many are talking about it because the beta is widely available. Those that are going to buy it already know everything about it so the excitement isn't about running to a message board and going "I wonder what that will be like!" because they've known what it is going to be for awhile now.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Karkarov

@TooWalrus said:

@galloughs

@DexterKid said:

Why?

Probably because it is absolutely awful.

Psycrowtik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Psycrowtik

@Rohok said:

The only person in my circle who talks about it is the guy that always jokes about playing. "Hmm so I'm thinking of rolling a panda, I like the intellectual contributions it makes to the World of Warcraft lore" But that's really just about it.

He sounds like a funny guy. Hope he continues to make your group humorous. I, on the other hand, fully intend to pick up MoP. Can't wait to make a Panda. Think I'll make a Pandaren Shaman.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By grilledcheez

I saw commercials for it, but haven't heard anything about it lately. That's fine with me, it's about time that game started to decay so something else can SURELY come along (fingers crossed).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.