What are your top 10 Favorite movies of all time?

natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By natsumesosexy
@Nomin said:
" In no particular order:

1. Andrei Rublev; I was blown away by this three hour Russian epic, awestruck at how spiritual it is.
2. Ran; I heard that it was based on King Lear. Masterful depiction of a man's total demise, one of the most pessimistic outlook on life ever.
3. The Battle of Algiers; Pentagon officials apparently viewed this film as part of preparation for the Iraq Invasion of 2003. Occupation, occupation never changes. 
4. Dr. Strangelove; No fighting in the war room! One of the most deftly humorous movies ever.
5. Stalker; Apparently the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is based on this movie, which is a not your usual sci-fi with only three people traipsing around barren and literally toxic environment. Striking visuals that will haunt your mind forever.
6. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly; the best of Sergio Leone's the Man with No Name trilogy. Strong performances from all those involved, especially Tuco. 
7. Wild Strawberries; Bergmann's most sunny feature, only one I saw from the director's filmography, one of the most poignant movies I've seen, as sort of Swedish version of the Christmas carol. 
8. Z; The drama that deals with political upheaval in post WWII Greece. Exciting political theatre of bare-knuckle pacing that does not let you go until the devastating ending.
9. The Godfather, Part I; no more can be said of this masterpiece.
10. Vertigo; In my opinion, the best of Hitchcockian thriller.Honourable mention: Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Hara-kiri, Memento, Se7en, Fargo, Alien, Blade Runner, Die Untergang, The Great Dictator, Back to the Future, Amadeus, etc. "

Man, I totally forgot about Wild Strawberries.  Choice!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By HandsomeDead
@agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
 5 I can think of off the top of my head:

Rear Window
Moulin Rouge
Pulp Fiction
Vertigo
Slumdog Millionare

"
I'm not saying your list is bad, but I honestly want someone to explain to me why they liked Pulp Fiction. Im not trying to trash the movie, just honestly curious. 
"
How can you not like Pulp Fiction? The script is just a classic.  Funny odd remarks, very violent at moments.  Its just a great movie. "
Sorry, I was just totally ready for it to end with about 40 minutes left. I like other Tarantino movies, just not that one. 
"
To like Tarantino films you have to enjoy his style of writing.  All his films are the same where the characters talk a lot to each other.  If you don't like Pulp I'm not really sure how you can like any of his movies, but I'll respect your opinion even if I don't understand it.
"
They don't talk a lot to each other. They talk like Tarantino and go out of their way to sound clever. If you want good dialogue, David Mamet and Aaron Sorkin are what you need to look out for.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By baconbits33

I can't say what my top ten are but my favorite is: 

Best Movie Ever, and Best Soundtrack Ever.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By agentboolen
@HandsomeDead said:
" @agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @DanielJW said:
"

Rear Window
Moulin Rouge
Pulp Fiction
Vertigo
Slumdog Millionare

"
I'm not saying your list is bad, but I honestly want someone to explain to me why they liked Pulp Fiction. Im not trying to trash the movie, just honestly curious. 
"
How can you not like Pulp Fiction? The script is just a classic.  Funny odd remarks, very violent at moments.  Its just a great movie. "
Sorry, I was just totally ready for it to end with about 40 minutes left. I like other Tarantino movies, just not that one. 
"
To like Tarantino films you have to enjoy his style of writing.  All his films are the same where the characters talk a lot to each other.  If you don't like Pulp I'm not really sure how you can like any of his movies, but I'll respect your opinion even if I don't understand it.
"
They don't talk a lot to each other. They talk like Tarantino and go out of their way to sound clever. If you want good dialogue, David Mamet and Aaron Sorkin are what you need to look out for. "
Eh I think you just have to be able to appreciate Tarantino's sense of humor.  For David Mamet and Aaron Sorkin I haven't heard of these 2, recommend something they have done and I'll check it out...  I netflixed there names and didn't see much come up??
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Canberra
@giyanks22:
How can a movie that "achieves perfection in everyway" not be first?
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By teh_destroyer
@baconbits33 said:
" I can't say what my top ten are but my favorite is: 

"
Loved the scene when he shoved a bomb up the guys ass, lol.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead
@agentboolen said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @agentboolen said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @DanielJW said:
"

Rear Window
Moulin Rouge
Pulp Fiction
Vertigo
Slumdog Millionare

"
"
"
"
They don't talk a lot to each other. They talk like Tarantino and go out of their way to sound clever. If you want good dialogue, David Mamet and Aaron Sorkin are what you need to look out for. "
Eh I think you just have to be able to appreciate Tarantino's sense of humor.  For David Mamet and Aaron Sorkin I haven't heard of these 2, recommend something they have done and I'll check it out...  I netflixed there names and didn't see much come up?? "
For me, Tarantino's sense of humour worked in Reservoir Dogs, especially the opening scene in the diner, and excelled in True Romance, but in Pulp Fiction is just felt tired and anything after that is predictable. For David Mamet, you need to see Glengarry Glen Ross, his other stuff is pretty good too but that's the pinnacle. He also did some work under an alias for Ronin. For Aaron Sorkin, he singlehandedly wrote the first few (ie good) seasons of The West Wing and the underrated Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip though in film, A Few Good Men and Charlie Wilson's War are his only real highlights.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Delta_Ass said:
" Nolan took a franchise that had become known for "Chill out, bird boy!" and somehow managed to craft a dark epic that would become the second highest grossing film of all time.  "
you do realise that if the ledger fella didnt have pills for dinner and is still around the movie woulda grossed less than half of what it made now right? im not talking precise numbers here so dont bust my balls

1. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
2. The Matrix
3. Cannibal! The Musical
4. Wayne's World
5. Freddy Got Fingered
6. Friday
7. Clerks.
8. Elizabethtown
9. Scary Movie
10. Pulp Fiction
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By delta_ass
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" Nolan took a franchise that had become known for "Chill out, bird boy!" and somehow managed to craft a dark epic that would become the second highest grossing film of all time.  "
you do realise that if the ledger fella didnt have pills for dinner and is still around the movie woulda grossed less than half of what it made now right? im not talking precise numbers here so dont bust my balls

Nope. I don't realize that at all.

Cause you're full of shit.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
Nope. I don't realize that at all.Cause you're full of shit. "
no really pride aside, you honestly dont think that what im saying is true ?
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By baconbits33
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
You are actually right, it would of probably been No. 1 at the box office but it still wouldn't be where it was if it wasn't for the death of Heath Ledger. And also that movie was actually sorta boring, the only good part WAS HEATH LEDGER he was awesome, everyone else was just... boring and predictable. The only reason I bought the DVD was because Heath Ledger had a memorable performance, hands down the best bad guy ever. But other than that... the movie was meh.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
You are actually right, it would of probably been No. 1 at the box office but it still wouldn't be where it was if it wasn't for the death of Heath Ledger. And also that movie was actually sorta boring, the only good part WAS HEATH LEDGER he was awesome, everyone else was just... boring and predictable. The only reason I bought the DVD was because Heath Ledger had a memorable performance, hands down the best bad guy ever. But other than that... the movie was meh.
"
What made it boring? It's basically a dumbed down, more action orientated Heat. Not necessarily a bad thing, before anyone gets antsy.
ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By ivanetc
  1. A Clockwork Orange
  2. Fight Club
  3. Full Metal Jacket
  4. The Warriors
  5. Silence of the Lambs
  6. The Breakfast Club
  7. The Godfather Trilogy (srry if i count this as one)
  8. Shaun of the Dead (i dunno i haven't watched this one in years so i may hate it now)
  9. Juno
  10. Apocalypse Now
Avatar image for the_dark_guardian
The_Dark_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are a few of mine in no specific order:

Pulp Fiction
Saving Private Ryan
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Gran Torino
The Usual Suspects
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Reservoir Dogs
Monty Python and The Holy Grail
The Dark Knight
Forest Gump

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TwoOneFive

way too difficult to narrow it down to 10

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bjorno

die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo
die hard
rambo

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By kmdrkul
@Cassita said:
" 10. The Bridge Over the River Kwai 9. Gran Torino8. Hamburger Hill7. Last Tango in Paris6. James and the Giant Peach / The Nightmare Before Christmas (Too hard to place all these ><)5. A Clockwork orange4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Student movie adaptation. Don't get your hopes up, lol)3. Bambi2. Lake of Fire1. Jacob's Ladder "
WOW, never thought I would see someone with even mild interest in Jacob's Ladder.  Great film that kept picking up speed until the very end.  Loved a particular scene near the end where Jacob is on a stretcher being pushed through what I think was an abandoned asylum/hospital of some sort.  Has stuck with me after all these years and after watching tons of movies since.
Cassita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Cassita
@kmdrkul: That hospital scene was disturbing in so many ways. But my favorite has to be the famous bath scene.

Great movie, nice to meet someone that appreciates it. Oh I forgot about Reservoir Dogs, damn, that deserves a spot in there somewhere.
cjmhockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cjmhockey

1. The Dark Knight
2. Slapshot
3. Shaun of the Dead
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark
5. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
6. Toy Story
7. The Departed
8. Fight Club
9. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
10. Saving Private Ryan

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

This is very difficult, but here's my attempt:

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. North by Northwest
3. The Departed
4. L.A. Confidential
5. Young Frankenstein
6. Magnolia
7. Blood Simple
8. Shaun of the Dead
9. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
10. Brick

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
"
What made it boring? It's basically a dumbed down, more action orientated Heat. Not necessarily a bad thing, before anyone gets antsy. "
all these new action movies try too hard to be all mystical and mysterious and sort of thrilling that they just phail and bore me out. and i didnt like how batman talked in a way that made me think he needed to take a serious poop
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By spankingaddict

Not in any order

the dark knight
the patriot
brave heart
star wars episode 3: revenge of the sith
dumb and dumber
wall-e
finding nemo
i am legend
pineapple express
lord of the rings trilogy

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By giyanks22
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
"
What made it boring? It's basically a dumbed down, more action orientated Heat. Not necessarily a bad thing, before anyone gets antsy. "
all these new action movies try too hard to be all mystical and mysterious and sort of thrilling that they just phail and bore me out. and i didnt like how batman talked in a way that made me think he needed to take a serious poop
"
But  the Dark Knight was thrilling. Heath Ledger's amazing performance made every actor even better. He was so unpredictable, and you never knew what he was going to do or say next...Even if Heath Ledger was the driving force behind the Dark Knight's success the fact of the matter is, he made the Dark Knight such a great movie. He gave such an amazing performance, that it made the Dark Knight the Second Most Grossing film of all time. He made it thrilling and entertaining that's why I liked it so much.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74  Edited By breadfan

In no particular order

• Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • Die Hard
  • The Dark Knight
  • Gran Torino
  • Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By HandsomeDead
@giyanks22 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
"
"
But  the Dark Knight was thrilling. Heath Ledger's amazing performance made every actor even better. He was so unpredictable, and you never knew what he was going to do or say next...Even if Heath Ledger was the driving force behind the Dark Knight's success the fact of the matter is, he made the Dark Knight such a great movie. He gave such an amazing performance, that it made the Dark Knight the Second Most Grossing film of all time. He made it thrilling and entertaining that's why I liked it so much. "
Heath Ledger wasn't unpredictable, Heath Ledger wasn't putting interesting twists in the plot. He was acting in a shallow role which many people could have done equally as good, if not better. That's not discredit his performance, but Aaron Eckhart is the best actor in that film by a long way.
goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By goth_bacon

In no particular order:

Slumdog Millionaire
Children of Men
Dark Knight
Office Space
The Namesake
Up
Forrest Gump
Gattaca

I actually can't think of ten movies I like right now.  So I'll just leave it at eight.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@KME93: No offense, but I think you need to watch some more movies and reconsider your list. The oldest movie on that list came out two years ago. I Am Legend isn't that great, and I think it's pretty blasphemous to imply that Burn After Reading is anywhere near the best Coen brothers comedy. The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou, and The Hudsucker Proxy are all superior in my opinion and probably the opinion of most. Even Fargo which isn't even purely a comedy is probably a better comedy than Burn After Reading. I could maybe live with The Dark Knight, The Hangover, and Tropic Thunder being in someone's top 10 (maybe not quite that high), but those other two I don't think belong anywhere near a top 10 list.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@giyanks22 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
"
"
But  the Dark Knight was thrilling. Heath Ledger's amazing performance made every actor even better. He was so unpredictable, and you never knew what he was going to do or say next...Even if Heath Ledger was the driving force behind the Dark Knight's success the fact of the matter is, he made the Dark Knight such a great movie. He gave such an amazing performance, that it made the Dark Knight the Second Most Grossing film of all time. He made it thrilling and entertaining that's why I liked it so much. "
then again 50% (or more) of the reason of him being the reason of the film's huge success is the fact that he's a corpse at the moment, right ?

@HandsomeDead said:
" @giyanks22 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"
"
"
Heath Ledger wasn't unpredictable, Heath Ledger wasn't putting interesting twists in the plot. He was acting in a shallow role which many people could have done equally as good, if not better. That's not discredit his performance, but Aaron Eckhart is the best actor in that film by a long way. "
WWwwWwwhYyYYyyYy ssssSssSSooo SeerrriUsss ??!!!?!?!
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These lists are so damn hard to figure out. I can say that this list will be incomplete as all hell, but here goes in no particular order:

American Beauty
Dawn of the Dead (Romero's)
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
2001: A Space Odyssey
Full Metal Jacket
Evil Dead 2
Interview with the Vampire
Sin City
Goodfellas

And the list goes on and on and on...

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Funzzo

1. The usual suspects
2. sphere
3. Nightmare on Elm st.
4. It
5. Die hard 3
6. Event Horizon
7. Tommy Boy
8. Pineapple Express
9. American History X
10. Terminator 2

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By WickedCestus

1. Fight Club - because it is the greatest movie ever made. 
2. Help! - because I love The Beatles and this movie is hilarious and incredibly silly. 
3. Monsters Inc. - because it has the greatest opening theme in the world and is also awesome. 
4.Back To The Future 2 - because I love the way it revisits scenes from the first one. 
5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - because it is different and really cool. 
6. Toy Story - because I liked it when I was a child. 
7. Back To The Future - because I love time travel and also the opening theme. 
8. Robots - because I don't even know, I just like it. 
9. Hard Day's Night - I like The Beatles 
10. Chicken Run - I really loved Wallace and Gromit and I have so many memories of watching the movie a lot and also listening to the audio cassette a lot more while I fell asleep. 
11. *Doing the same thing PenguinDust did: my favourite Christmas movie is Muppet's Christmas Carol. 

EDIT: If I had to pick a twelfth it would be either Vertigo or Psycho.

g00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By g00ber

I don't think I could rank a top 10, but here are some of my favorites.

The Departed  (Definitely my # 1)
 Pulp Fiction  
 Dumb and Dumber
 No Country for Old Men 
 Casino 
 Fight Club

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Note to TDK haters: If Heath Ledger's death was such a huge part of why it was popular, then why isn't The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus grossing just as much? It is after all his last film....And definitely NOT a rip-off of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

1.Terminator 2
2.Scary Movie 4
3.The Hangover
4.Wizard of Oz
5.Casino Royale
6.Enter the Dragon
7.Legend of The Drunken Master II
8.South Park The Movie
9.Ace Ventura
10.Citizen Kane

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By Snail

Alright, 6 Months have passed and I've though it over. Here is my top 4, that's how far down I am right now. 

1. Wall-e
  2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
  3. Lost in Translation
  4. A Hard Day's Night
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jazz_Fan

It would probably go something like this:
1. The Passion of Joan of Arc
2. Andrei Rublev
3. The Seventh Seal
4. Stalker
5. Pandora's Box
6. Battle of Algiers
7. The 400 Blows
8. The Rules of the Game
9. The Seven Samurai
10. Aguirre: Wrath of God 
My favorites change quite often. Only top three seem to stay at the same spot.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By pakx

i couldn't possibly pick just 10 completely favorite films, but these'll do for this particular thread on this particular day.

Dave Chappelle's Block Party
my favorite comedian and most of my favorite musical artists coming together for a day of utter positivity, all filmed brilliantly by Micheal Gondry. 

Michael Clayton
one of the best crime films of the decade. pensive, patient and smart.

The Hurt Locker
 putting a film from 2009 on this list is begging for a flame, but this movie is just so fucking brilliant. from the tight-as-fuck screenplay, the minimalist  but skillful direction and the strong preformances all over the board. this is a flawless film.

Alien
 Before Ridley Scott was infamous for Gladiator and Blade Runner, he made his name with a movie that is so good it's not only considered one of the best Science Fiction films of all time, but one of the best Horror films too.

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan/ The Undiscovered Country/ First Contact / 'Zero (11)'
i'll just put my favorite Trek films in one spot for convenience' sake. i have a deep, deep affection for Star Trek. these four films represent the best of Trek on the big screen, Wrath for it's brilliant character work and melodrama, Undiscovered for it's political metaphor and intrigue, First Contact for it's tenseness and grandeur, and Zero for it's loving sense of adventure and blistering action. guys like Ron Moore, Johnothan Frakes, J.J Abrams and Nicholas Meyer laid so much foundation for Gene Roddenberry's franchise, keeping it fresh and dynamic, diverting from the original vision but always holding true to the core of what makes Trek Trek: adventure, drama and discovery. 

Seven Samurai
the consumate Epic film. a classic tale that's been retold in film over and over, re-imagined as everything from a Western (Magnificent Seven) to a children's movie (A Bug's Life) but never matched in it's character, scope and sense of style. Akira Kurosowa's most famous and lauded film is untouchable.

Old Boy
 Loosely based on a japanese manga, the second in Korean auteur Park Chan-Wook's revenge trilogy is simply the best. blending Hitchcockian mystery and dread, brutal violence and transcendant preformances characterize this brutal tragedy.

Let The Right One In
 the best vampire movie ever. dark, smart, funny, touching. if you havent seen this movie, you've got a Netflix order to get on, sir.

No Country For Old Men
 The Cohen Brothers are the best film makers alive today. Cormac McCarthy is one of the most influential and brilliant writers in the world, the marriage of these two powerhouses is a masterpiece, a vision of uniquely american brutality and darkness.

Zodiac
 David Fincher's best film. Better than Fight Club, better than Seven. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10.  Fight Club 
9.  Moon 
8. Garden State 
7. Pulp Fiction 
6. Shaun of The Dead 
5. Fargo 
4. Kill Bill Vol. 2 
3. Up 
2. (500) Days of Summer 
1. Reservoir Dogs 

Yes, I'm aware I have 3 films from 2009. I don't care.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Bionicicide
  1. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
  2. Gladiator (2000)
  3. Fight Club (1999)
  4. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
  5. Black Hawk Down (2001)
  6. 300 (2007)
  7. 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
  8. King Kong (2005)
  9. Blood Diamond (2006)
  10. Apocalypto (2006)
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By TheHBK

1)  The Terminator 
Possibly the greatest movie of all time.  It had everything.  Action, car chases, robots, time travel, sex, a great indy feel to it, naked Schwarzenegger, guns, romance.  It was an amazing achievement. 
2)  Terminator 2.  Take the first movie, take out the sex and replace it with more Schwarzenegger lines and Guns N Roses and you have the best sequel of all time. 
3)  Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.  Romance and character driven plot made this the best movie of the trilogy. 
4)  Training Day.  A movie that has a quote for every situation.  Denzel shows that his best roles are as the bad guy. 
5)  The Godfather.  A masterpiece and while I feel like the action is awesome, this is really a family piece.  The dynamics of the Corleone family are the real meat of this movie. 
6)  Dumb and Dumber.  There is no funnier movie.  Period. We landed on the moon!
7)  First Blood (aka Rambo 1)  This is a much different movie than what we got later from Stallone.  It shows us the difficulty that veterans have going to back to society.  It also satisfies action fans, especially the scene where Rambo takes down the hick cops one by one in the forest.  The end scene where Rambo exclaims that he used to fly copters and drive tanks but can't keep a job as a valet.  It was sad.  Also of note, is that Rambo never kills anyone in this movie. 
8)  Superman.  While many love the Dark Knight, this movie is the best super hero movie ever made.  You believe in Christopher Reeve as Superman.  His mannerisms, his look.  He is superman.  Lex Luthor, though quirky and goofy at times, he shows he is truly evil. 
9)  Beverly Hills Cop.  The music, the laughs and knowing that Victor Maitlin is out there is enough to get anyone to watch this movie. 
10)  True Lies.  A great spy movie that has one liners all over the place and Arnold in his last truely great movie.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By wrathofconn

I don't really know if I can put these in order, but here's a rough list of ten! I'll skip the descriptions because if you like them you'll know why I do.

Good Will Hunting
Trainspotting
The Matrix
Boondock Saints
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
A Scanner Darkly
Waiting...
The Fifth Element
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Plus maybe a tie between The Strangers and Silent Hill for favorite horror movie.

OlieRendch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top 10 are:

10. Holes

9. Life of Pi

8. Jumper

7. Iron Man

6. K-PAX

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

4. Iron Man 3

3. Signs

2. Avengers Assemble

1. Jurassic Park

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High and Low

Contempt

Fanny & Alexander

A Man Escaped

Close-up

Modern Times

The Red Shoes

The Earings of Madame De

Still Walking

World on a Wire

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MrHadouken

In no particular order.

1) Pulp Fiction

2) The Town

3) Goodfellas

4) Saving Private Ryan

5) Drive

6) Inglorious Basterds

7) Revolutionary Road

8) Blue Velvet

9) The Big Lebowski

10) Pan's Labyrinth

Honorable mention: A serious man, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, Dr strangelove, Scott Pilgrim, Pi, trainspotting, a clock work orange, Rocky Horror Picture Show(due to it being my moms favorite, I've seen it so many times as a kid, it's a personal favorite of mine), American Psycho, Logan's Run, Blade Runner, Gladiator.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I just watched Drive and my mind has been melted. Alex and Rorie seem to be big on it but have they ever talked about Drive at length on a podcast? Any duders have a link?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My top 10 are:

10. Holes

9. Life of Pi

8. Jumper

7. Iron Man

6. K-PAX

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

4. Iron Man 3

3. Signs

2. Avengers Assemble

1. Jurassic Park

I'm the last person to judge anyone for anything. I mean, people like what they like I don't really give a shit, but Jesus Christ dude this is your list? I mean, they're all good movies (except Jumper which sucks ass. If you actually liked it go read the book, to say it's better is an understatement). Have you not seen, I don't know, The Terminator? Shawshank Redemption? The Matrix? Spider-Man 2? The majority of the Pixar movies?

And another thing, did you really have to bring back this 4 year old thread? Why didn't you just start a new one?

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@landon: Couldnt resist replying either so..

Shawshank is fine if its your first visit to imdb top 250, but to appreciate cinema you have to dig a bit deeper (not that it isnt a good film, the storytelling and characters are brilliant)

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#99  Edited By LackingSaint

No particular order;

• A Scanner Darkly
  • 12 Angry Men
  • Pulp Fiction
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Barton Fink
  • INTOLERANCE Series
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
  • The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
  • Adaptation
  • The Life Aquatic
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, this is a four year old thread. No, I don't give a shit.

1. The Truman Show
  2. The Two Towers
  3. Ratatouille
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. Django Unchained

From here on, no particular order.

• Groundhog Day
  • The Dark Knight
  • All Through the Night
  • Network
  • The Good, The Bad & The Ugly