Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Death Track: Resurrection.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Unfortunately the game before this, Dawn of Magic, decided it wouldn’t run, so here we are.

Возрождение

No Caption Provided

Death Track is a pretty explanatory name for this game, you drive around tracks and there is death. It’s a racing game at its core, but you have guns on your car and you can, and should, destroy the other cars as you gain a place on them, and you gain currency for doing so. The game also has other things typical to vehicle destruction/racing games: nitrous, power-ups, extra weapons etc. There are also parts of the scenery you can destroy to gain currency as well; they may cause destruction to enemies too, but I am not entirely sure on this. With this currency you are able to purchase better cars and better upgrades in between races.

No Caption Provided

The game is set in a post apocalyptic world, and as an FMV newscast told me, these races are a televised, commercial thing set in ‘some of the biggest capital cities in the world’. All in all, it seems fairly reminiscent of Death Race 2000, but less dystopia and more WWIII inspired apocalyptica. These races are organised by a corporation seemingly fronted by a human version of a Hutt, and his consort of scantily clad ladies.

No Caption Provided

The FMV Newscast was pretty wonderful to behold too, because the FMV was clearly recorded in Russian, but they have dubbed it with English, of course, so it just looks hilarious to see this lady opening and closing her mouth with no regard for what am hearing. Also, everything is super blue, even her lips. Those crazy Russians.

That’s pretty much all there is to this game; I played through the first couple of races, won them by destroying a couple of the other racers, getting up front, then nitrousing my way to the end. blowing things up as I went.

The game did decide it didn’t like my secondary monitor, and got stuck in a similar cycle as I think AIM did; and then when I finally managed to load it up, I was greeted with some obnoxiously bad menu music that made me wish I hadn’t been able to get it to run.

That’s Death Track really, a bad rip off of Death Race but more Russian.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Unfortunately the game before this, Dawn of Magic, decided it wouldn’t run, so here we are.

Возрождение

No Caption Provided

Death Track is a pretty explanatory name for this game, you drive around tracks and there is death. It’s a racing game at its core, but you have guns on your car and you can, and should, destroy the other cars as you gain a place on them, and you gain currency for doing so. The game also has other things typical to vehicle destruction/racing games: nitrous, power-ups, extra weapons etc. There are also parts of the scenery you can destroy to gain currency as well; they may cause destruction to enemies too, but I am not entirely sure on this. With this currency you are able to purchase better cars and better upgrades in between races.

No Caption Provided

The game is set in a post apocalyptic world, and as an FMV newscast told me, these races are a televised, commercial thing set in ‘some of the biggest capital cities in the world’. All in all, it seems fairly reminiscent of Death Race 2000, but less dystopia and more WWIII inspired apocalyptica. These races are organised by a corporation seemingly fronted by a human version of a Hutt, and his consort of scantily clad ladies.

No Caption Provided

The FMV Newscast was pretty wonderful to behold too, because the FMV was clearly recorded in Russian, but they have dubbed it with English, of course, so it just looks hilarious to see this lady opening and closing her mouth with no regard for what am hearing. Also, everything is super blue, even her lips. Those crazy Russians.

That’s pretty much all there is to this game; I played through the first couple of races, won them by destroying a couple of the other racers, getting up front, then nitrousing my way to the end. blowing things up as I went.

The game did decide it didn’t like my secondary monitor, and got stuck in a similar cycle as I think AIM did; and then when I finally managed to load it up, I was greeted with some obnoxiously bad menu music that made me wish I hadn’t been able to get it to run.

That’s Death Track really, a bad rip off of Death Race but more Russian.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.