3on3 Freestyle is online multi-player street basketball game that allow players to team up a 3 people basketball team and matched against other 3 people team online.
Game supports upto 3 player couch co-op play.
Game is exclusive title for PlayStation 4 and it is free to download on PSN store.
- Game is first announced to be developed in November 2014.
- Trailer first revealed at the Tokyo Game Show 2015.
- First hands on demo was showcased at PlayStation Experience 2015. At the show, game was playable with 6 characters.
- Gameplay footage was first revealed by Gamespot in July 2016.
- First invitational test was held on PlayStation 4 with 10 available characters on October 2016 by players who received invitation code.
- Game's website and IGN distributed invitation code to limited number of gamers.
- Second hands on demo was showcased at PlayStation Experience 2016 with 15 characters.
- Open beta test was launched soon after the PlayStation Experience in December 2016.
CHARACTER & POSITION
3on3 Freestyle offers 15 characters in 5 different position.
Even in same position, each character has different attributes and play style. For example of centers, Luther is block and rebound oriented character who is mainly for defense, Bigdog is pass and rebound oriented character who makes chances to other team to shot and Lee is mid range shot and rebound oriented character who can switch to mid range offense to disrupt opponent defense.
Players can level up each character up to level 10 to increase their character attributes. Once reach maximum level players can choose to prestige the character. Once prestiged, character level will be reseted to level 1 but will acquire 1 addtional skill to the character. Character can be prestiged up to 5 times.
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
Each character has 15 attributes in 7 categories.
|Jump shot||Close range shot||Mid range shot||3 point shot|
|Layup||Short distance layup||Long distance layup|| |
|Dunk||Short distance dunk||Long distance dunk|| |
|Pass||Pass|| || |
|Defense||Steel||Drive in shot block||Jump shot block|
These attributes define the characteristic and stratege of each character. As 3 characters are teaming up for each play, combination of 3 characters and opponent character combination changes the stratege in the game.
Each character has 7 active skills and 2 passive skills. Each character has different skills. Each active skills can be used with button combination to activate skills. Passive skills are activated automatically when certain condition is met.