Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

60 Parsecs!

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 18, 2018

The sequel to 60 Seconds, 60 Parsecs! is a blend between a survival game and a choose-your-own-adventure, this time set in space.

Initial thoughts

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

60 Seconds was a pretty neat little choose-your-own-adventure game blended with a survival game of sorts that saw you running around collecting family and items to take with you into a bunker before a nuclear bomb hit. The game then became something of a text-based survival simulator. Each day saw you make decisions about your survival, and depending on what you managed to bring with you, the chances of living out each day varied pretty differently. It was fun, pretty difficult, and surprisingly well supported long after launch.

60 Parsecs is the sequel, except this time it's set in space, and at first blush, it looks like more of the same. You rush around a space station to collect crewmates and supplies, and then hoof it out of there in your ship before the whole thing blows up. There's still a long choose-your-own-adventure portion to it afterwards, and you're still trying to decidde what to use and when to keep your crew alive. They've also added some crafting elements, including the ability to make food and health packs, a big departure from the first game. This time, you land on at least one planet (there might be more, but I died around day 50 not having done many of the tasks required to get off planet), with options to explore the area with your crewmates.

It's pretty cool. I'm not great at it, as I never tend to be with regards to survival games, but it's at least worth a look, particularly if you liked the first game and want more of it, just with a bigger scope. I think the adventure game portion could be pared down to a third of its current size, but maybe that option's in there and I just didn't see it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.