Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 10, 2009

Decide the fate of the 9 kidnapped people who are trapped on a ship and forced to play the Nonary Game, where players put their life on the line.

Should I play for all the endings?

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
    deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just completed the game and got the Safe ending. Just looking at some spoiler free ending guides, I see that I can get the true ending in my next playthrough. The question is, should I get the true ending and look up wikipedia and stuff to fill out the story or does every ending give valuable insight?

Or should I intentionally go through and get some of the bad endings then go to the true ending rather than get the true ending now? Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated :)

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I don't think there's any crucial info in the other endings. I'd go for the true ending.

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3  Edited By JamesJeux007

You should get the bad endings as well before getting the true ending. It probably sounds very smug to say "It's part of the experience" but... it really is. You won't REALLY learn anything new, but it gives the true ending a lot more weight.

On top of that, you'd be missing some rooms as well if I remember correctly and know less about the characters. I mean, 999's strength is the story. You'd be missing out if you were going for the true ending directly.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The way I played that game was to go through once making the choices I thought were right. Then, I looked online and found that I needed to get the safe ending to get the true ending. So I followed the Safe path, then the true ending path. I regret nothing and still feel like I got the full experience. If it had the timeline from Virtue's Last Reward, I would say yes, but in 999, it takes too much time for too little payoff. Enjoy the true ending :)

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, get all the endings.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Yes? I mean, that's the appeal of the game, isn't it?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't think the Bad Ends themselves help shed light on anything, though the dialogue in each of the puzzle rooms tends to flesh things out about the characters and stories, so you might want to at least try to hit all the rooms (I forget the paths for the Safe End and the True End, so I'm not sure how many you'll miss out on).

Most importantly, it depends on how much you're willing to replay parts of the game you've already done. I was alright with it, but if it sounds like too much of a bother to you, you should probably just go on to the True End.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The axe ending is the best ending so if you got that one first I don't really think there's much reason to continue, considering all the nonsensical gobbledygook that the true ending consists of.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TwoLines

The best thing in the game is the true ending. So yeah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.