Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

A Vampyre Story

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2008

In this adventure game, players control a young vampiress who is aided by her bat sidekick. Created by Bill Tiller (The Curse Of Monkey Island), the game is the first in a planned trilogy.

BAM! From nowhere!

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Just like 1998 on my PC.
    Just like 1998 on my PC.
    As an old school Monkey Island PC adventure gamer I´ve been anticipating the upcoming game from the creator of "Curse of Monkey Island", called "A Vampyre Story". Just now, from nowhere, the demo is out for download and just like that, the full game is out this friday!! I had almost given up hope on this game ever getting a publisher but it seems the time has finally come. For the first time in 10 years I will play a Monkey Island esque PC adventure. The only game Ive tried since 98 was the fairly recent Runaway 2. That was just pathetic. My hopes are super high for Vampyre story. So to all of you out there who are like me and grew up with Guybrush Threepwood on Melee Island. Go download the demo and try it out. Then hurry up and preorder for this Friday ! Suddenly im 13 again, getting Curse of Monkey Island for christmas. Im so excited!

*UPDATE/EDIT* Demo can be downloaded here ! And I just finished the demo. It wasnt really much of a demo but I already knew I needed a boxed copy of this game for the collection so I just pre-order my copy for friday.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Just like 1998 on my PC.
    Just like 1998 on my PC.
    As an old school Monkey Island PC adventure gamer I´ve been anticipating the upcoming game from the creator of "Curse of Monkey Island", called "A Vampyre Story". Just now, from nowhere, the demo is out for download and just like that, the full game is out this friday!! I had almost given up hope on this game ever getting a publisher but it seems the time has finally come. For the first time in 10 years I will play a Monkey Island esque PC adventure. The only game Ive tried since 98 was the fairly recent Runaway 2. That was just pathetic. My hopes are super high for Vampyre story. So to all of you out there who are like me and grew up with Guybrush Threepwood on Melee Island. Go download the demo and try it out. Then hurry up and preorder for this Friday ! Suddenly im 13 again, getting Curse of Monkey Island for christmas. Im so excited!

*UPDATE/EDIT* Demo can be downloaded here ! And I just finished the demo. It wasnt really much of a demo but I already knew I needed a boxed copy of this game for the collection so I just pre-order my copy for friday.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By artofwar420

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this one, maybe you should tip Kotaku? The word should be spread. I might just get the game because the art is so cool, maybe you could review it?

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimbo_n

I think I might just do that once I get my hands on it

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Absurd

Nice, Going to try it if My computer can run it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

I'm not really into the art style. It's too Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

Thanks for reminding me, I had once again forgoten. I'll pre-order right away.

mnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By mnB

Yea it's awesome. Remember I had this on my most anticipated games of 2008 list back in January (or so)  - and well, now it's here : ) Haven't checked out the demo, but I'm definitely gettin' the game.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

So, it turns out that the shop on the official site isn't available yet. Can anyone tell me of a import friendly place that holds PC games? I know of amazon, but they won't deliver it where I live.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Edgar

YESSS, AVS is definitely promising.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.