Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

Achievement Update #92

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

I'm back! I have a job update and a gaming update after my achievements so be sure to check that out. It will explain why there is a new game on my gamercard that you are about to see. Let's just get to it, shall we?

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS:
    GHOSTBUSTERS
    135/1000 Points
    10/50 Achievements

Name:
    Once S'more into the Breach
    Description: Complete the 'Panic in Times Square' level.
    Acquired: June 18, 2009

Name: The Flowers are Still Standing!
    Description: Complete the 'Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick' level.

Name: Total Protonic Reversal
    Description: Knock yourself down with your own weapon.

Name: I Feel So Funky
    Description: Get slimed by a charging ghost.

Name: Aim for the Flat Top!
    Description: Eliminate a creature.

Name: ...And You Want to Keep It?
    Description: Collect a Cursed Artifact.

Name: I'm Picking Up A Signal...
    Description: Obtain a 100% PKE scan on a paranormal creature.

Name: We Have the Talent!
    Description: Complete the Firehouse training level.

Name: I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost!
    Description: Trap a ghost.

Name: You Gotta Try This Pole!
    Description: Slide down the fire pole.

MASS EFFECT
    540/1050 Points
    20/46 Achievements

Name:
    Renegade
    Description: 75% of total Renegade points
    Acquired: June 15, 2009

Name: Paragon
    Description: 75% of total Paragon points

Name: Colonial Survivor
    Description: You completed the Bring Down the Sky mission.
    Acquired: June 14, 2009

CURRENT GAMERSCORE:
    18,621 Points

So you may have noticed a cerain busting of ghosts game up above. Well the reason why I suddenly have this on my gamertag is because a new game place opened up in my town where you "pay-to-play" on the next gen systems on these nice 23" HD monitors with Turtle Beach headsets in 1080p. I used my hard drive when me and my friend went there to check it out and I decided to try Ghostbusters because the guy there told me he got it in a couple days ago and beat it and had a great time. I popped it in and did really like it. We paid $15 for a day pass and we were there for about 5 or 6 hours. The normal rate is $5/hour with every third hour free but the day pass is a better deal if you are there for at least 4 hours. It may sound like a stupid idea but it's a really cool place. They will have tournaments too and once I get a job I plan on going there with my friends once a week to just hang out.

Speaking of a job, I didn't get the one at McDonalds. They said that I got a 7 and I needed an 8 to pass on to orientation. There's no way I didn't pass but oh well, back to square one. I'm now applying at other places in town. The oil change place is hiring so I may work there or I have a list of places that I'm gonna check out tomorrow. The problem is I only have $2 on me and my debit card which has $1,175 on it but I can't touch that till the Fall when I start college. Also, my open house is Saturday and that's when I should get my HDTV!!! I also will get a lot more money for my debit card. Also, DS or PSP? I used to own a PSP but the games just weren't there. However, I feel with the PSP Go coming out they are going to open the gates for some better games! Anyways I plan on buying a DSi or a PSP (maybe a Go?) this Fall for when I'm at college. I have classes on Tuesday that require me to stay there all day and there will be a few hours of nothing so I need something to do. So please answer (with reasons!) for the PSP or DSi dilema! Thank you.

Until next time, there are the Fonzie at the urinal and Tom Cruise manequins! (Conan O'Brien reference)
    -GamerGeek360

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

I'm back! I have a job update and a gaming update after my achievements so be sure to check that out. It will explain why there is a new game on my gamercard that you are about to see. Let's just get to it, shall we?

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS:
    GHOSTBUSTERS
    135/1000 Points
    10/50 Achievements

Name:
    Once S'more into the Breach
    Description: Complete the 'Panic in Times Square' level.

Name: The Flowers are Still Standing!
    Description: Complete the 'Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick' level.

Name: Total Protonic Reversal
    Description: Knock yourself down with your own weapon.

Name: I Feel So Funky
    Description: Get slimed by a charging ghost.

Name: Aim for the Flat Top!
    Description: Eliminate a creature.

Name: ...And You Want to Keep It?
    Description: Collect a Cursed Artifact.

Name: I'm Picking Up A Signal...
    Description: Obtain a 100% PKE scan on a paranormal creature.

Name: We Have the Talent!
    Description: Complete the Firehouse training level.

Name: I Ain't 'Fraid of No Ghost!
    Description: Trap a ghost.

Name: You Gotta Try This Pole!
    Description: Slide down the fire pole.

MASS EFFECT
    540/1050 Points
    20/46 Achievements

Name:
    Renegade
    Description: 75% of total Renegade points

Name: Paragon
    Description: 75% of total Paragon points

Name: Colonial Survivor
    Description: You completed the Bring Down the Sky mission.
    Acquired: June 14, 2009

CURRENT GAMERSCORE:
    18,621 Points

So you may have noticed a cerain busting of ghosts game up above. Well the reason why I suddenly have this on my gamertag is because a new game place opened up in my town where you "pay-to-play" on the next gen systems on these nice 23" HD monitors with Turtle Beach headsets in 1080p. I used my hard drive when me and my friend went there to check it out and I decided to try Ghostbusters because the guy there told me he got it in a couple days ago and beat it and had a great time. I popped it in and did really like it. We paid $15 for a day pass and we were there for about 5 or 6 hours. The normal rate is $5/hour with every third hour free but the day pass is a better deal if you are there for at least 4 hours. It may sound like a stupid idea but it's a really cool place. They will have tournaments too and once I get a job I plan on going there with my friends once a week to just hang out.

Speaking of a job, I didn't get the one at McDonalds. They said that I got a 7 and I needed an 8 to pass on to orientation. There's no way I didn't pass but oh well, back to square one. I'm now applying at other places in town. The oil change place is hiring so I may work there or I have a list of places that I'm gonna check out tomorrow. The problem is I only have $2 on me and my debit card which has $1,175 on it but I can't touch that till the Fall when I start college. Also, my open house is Saturday and that's when I should get my HDTV!!! I also will get a lot more money for my debit card. Also, DS or PSP? I used to own a PSP but the games just weren't there. However, I feel with the PSP Go coming out they are going to open the gates for some better games! Anyways I plan on buying a DSi or a PSP (maybe a Go?) this Fall for when I'm at college. I have classes on Tuesday that require me to stay there all day and there will be a few hours of nothing so I need something to do. So please answer (with reasons!) for the PSP or DSi dilema! Thank you.

Until next time, there are the Fonzie at the urinal and Tom Cruise manequins! (Conan O'Brien reference)
    -GamerGeek360

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Well, well... Who you gonna call? Ghost Effect and Mass Busters.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

They used to have an admittedly less sophisticated gaming place like the one you mentioned in this little town in Mexico I used to live in. They're good places to hang out and meet other gamers, for sure. Just bring your own controllers. ;)

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10

sorry to hear about the job. i guess i got mine easy. my dad is one of the bosses where i work, so he just asked me if i wanted the job, i said yes. now im working...

i like the psp, though i cant comment on the ds because i never owned one...the battery on my psp dies really fast, i dont know if you had that problem with the your psp when you had it, or if you even care...but the games arent there like you said...theres god of war...um rachet and clank: size matters, i really like that game...other then that nothing...

i was a chili's today for fathers day, and a girl about my age, so 17 was playing a ds while she was eating, so go with the ds lol...i kinda wish i had one now :/

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MKHavoc

I feel like the DS has a much better library.  I suggest you go with that.  Good luck on finding that job though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

If you were going to work at a fast food place, make it Wendy's.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xandurson

@Claude: LMAO!

@End_Boss: Lol they're pretty cool places.

@gingertastic_10: I've owned both and like each other for different reasons. I'm thinking of getting a DSi though.

@MKHavoc: I think I will and thanks.

@natetodamax: I never minded working at McDonalds so I don't really care.
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TheGamerGeek

That place actually does sound pretty damn awesome. Wish we had one around here. Also, I've beat Ghostbusters and never got the 100 percent on the PKE meter achievement I don't think. :P I'm really not one of the people to decide between PSP or DS cause I have neither but if I was in your position, I'd grab a DSi just cause of all the great games (NOT DSi WARE!) that are out for it.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xandurson

@TheGamerGeek: Yeah that's probably what I'll do. DSi Ware probably will eventually get rolling and then that'll be nice too.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By StarFoxA

I did pretty well in achievements this week. According to 360Voice, I got like 77 new achievements.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to play Ghostbusters. It looks fun and EASY achievements!!! Awesome! That gaming place sounds cool and I would like to see one of those type of stores in my area.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By mracoon

I've finally got Mass Effect and I'm really loving it. It reminds me of KOTOR but with an improved dialogue system.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Damn, if I had a place around here like that, I know where I'd be when I wasn't working.  Hah!

Sorry about the McDonald's job, but something else will come up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.