Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Alan Wake = Done

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By kevinski

I must say that Alan Wake was coming close to being tolerable for me. The Anderson Farm scene was great, and I must say that the game - for a while - became pretty decent once I started using my weapons more haphazardly and stopped reading the manuscript pages. Thing is, the ending was completely unfulfilling for me. I honestly don't know how I'm expected to care about what I just saw. Furthermore, the game play leading up to the ending was just a complete mess, with the camera issues that I have with the game being emphasized further as I became lost in the dark at times. I really just don't feel like playing it anymore. I was half considering just throwing away the DLC redemption code that came with the game, just so I'm not tempted to give the game another go. I've been making it a point to review games once I finish them. I doubt that I'll bother. This game's on thin ice with me, almost to the extent that Tomb Raider: Legend is.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kevinski

I must say that Alan Wake was coming close to being tolerable for me. The Anderson Farm scene was great, and I must say that the game - for a while - became pretty decent once I started using my weapons more haphazardly and stopped reading the manuscript pages. Thing is, the ending was completely unfulfilling for me. I honestly don't know how I'm expected to care about what I just saw. Furthermore, the game play leading up to the ending was just a complete mess, with the camera issues that I have with the game being emphasized further as I became lost in the dark at times. I really just don't feel like playing it anymore. I was half considering just throwing away the DLC redemption code that came with the game, just so I'm not tempted to give the game another go. I've been making it a point to review games once I finish them. I doubt that I'll bother. This game's on thin ice with me, almost to the extent that Tomb Raider: Legend is.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

If you're getting lost in the dark, try turning up the brightness?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kevinski
    @Baillie said:
    " If you're getting lost in the dark, try turning up the brightness? "
    It has more to do with how the game throws your viewing angle around to highlight dodges and certain events (such as objects being thrown by the tornado). Furthermore, this game suffers from far too many situations where it looks like you can go in a particular direction, only for you to realize that you're now cornered and unable to adjust the camera in a way that allows you to see which angle(s) you're being attacked from. Really, I couldn't be more pleased to be finished with this game.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Baillie
    @kevinski: Hmm, I guess I can see how things like that could be a problem, but I don't think anything like that happened to me. People do pick up and play games differently though!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.