Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Second DLC information leaked - SPOILERS

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

again, fucking SPOILERS AHEAD

So the second (and last? the leaked screen shot says 2 of 2) piece of DLC for Alan Wake will be called The Writer, and from the description, you play Alan, so he is deffinately not dead at the end of the main game. It will cost 10 dollars (800 points) but there is no release date yet. The first DLC (free with new copies) the Signal, will be released on july 27th / 28th.

I loved alan Wake, and if these dlc episodes are at least as long as the ones in the main game, it would be awesome (took me around 2 hours or so each ep, especially the middle ones)

http://kotaku.com/5545362/alan-wakes-second-episode-is-the-writer

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Rhaknar said:
    " again, fucking SPOILERS AHEAD

So the second (and last? the leaked screen shot says 2 of 2) piece of DLC for Alan Wake will be called The Writer, and from the description, you play Alan, so he is deffinately not dead at the end of the main game. It will cost 10 dollars (800 points) but there is no release date yet. The first DLC (free with new copies) the Signal, will be released on july 27th / 28th.

I loved alan Wake, and if these dlc episodes are at least as long as the ones in the main game, it would be awesome (took me around 2 hours or so each ep, especially the middle ones)

http://kotaku.com/5545362/alan-wakes-second-episode-is-the-writer "
    Sort of sounds like a gauntlet/area set up. 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rhaknar
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Rhaknar said:

Sort of sounds like a gauntlet/area set up.  "
    you could say the same for the main game (i'm assuming you mean the "survive one nightmarish situation after another"), i doubt they would make non-story dlc for Alan Wake
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Rhaknar said:

Sort of sounds like a gauntlet/area set up.  "
    you could say the same for the main game (i'm assuming you mean the "survive one nightmarish situation after another"), i doubt they would make non-story dlc for Alan Wake "
    Ya. " One nightmare after another" But if they use light in a fun way. Maybe..a large source that flicks on and off forcing you to dodge and what not. That could be real fun. 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

hell, and again, SPOILERS SPOILERS GO AWAY...... anyway, the whole fucking episode 6 felt like one nightmarish situation after another, i literally shouted at my tv saying "stop dropping shit on my head!" at one point :p

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Zereta

Sounds like a Horde/Firefight Mode thing to me... 

As long as it involves me on a concert stage with epic rock music and fireworks blasting around me, I'm in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.