Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

What was the hardest part of the game for you? (spoilers)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Mine was the construction truck on Chapter 3 on Nightmare. I lost twenty or more times on it. The randomness of the attacks of the Taken combined with the time it took to destroy the truck took me forever to beat. Hardest part in the game... 

And what about you?    

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

Some part in a barn where you had to jump over a fence and then you get jumped by loads of the massive ones. I just had to try to run past them and to get to a light because I couldn't defeat them.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust
    @Chabbs0 said:

" Some part in a barn where you had to jump over a fence and then you get jumped by loads of the massive ones. I just had to try to run past them and to get to a light because I couldn't defeat them. "

Me too. I tried to beat them, but it seems best to run over them, still i was afraid i'd lose some collectibles. I think it's on episode 5.  
    sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By sublime90

for me it was episode 6 crossing that damn bridge! i died like 20 times before even getting to the crane because of the pieces of bridge would fall out while trying to dodge the dumb flying objects.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

Both the bridge and the truck. the bridge was a designed hassle, and I just had to make the right choices. But the truck confused me because I didn`t(spoiler!) think that using a weapon was suppossed to be effective. Finally said screw it, gotta be more than light...... By then I was versed in truck dancing, and lasted it out with a shotty.
    bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By bobcat1794

The hardest part for me was at some point i dont remember when but you only had a flashlight and no weapon so all i could do was run. 

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost

I never really ran into any trouble during the game on Hard. I always had way too much ammo to be in too much danger. Even versus the construction equipment I always found that if I was in trouble I could just drop a flare and be safe.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red

I played the game on normal and didn't run into too many sections that involved me dieing a lot, but the whole last episode was pretty hard. 
    I actually feel the game's difficulty was pretty spot-on throughout, I was always feeling challenged and at the edge of my seat, but didn't ever really find myself frustrated or constantly restarting the game.

chone777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By chone777

I actually had a lot of trouble with the part on the dam or bridge, can't remember which it was, when you are trying to get to the well lit room I don't even know how many times a part of the floor fell as soon as I stepped on it. Never really had trouble with the enemies since I would just let my flashlight recharge instead of wasting batteries.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ptc

Hardest part for me was figuring out where to go next a few times during the game.  Just remeber walking around.  In both cases (forget the episodes) it was a ladder I needed to find, but it took a few minutes of wandering.  That was proabably the only thing I was ever frustrated with in the game.  There were hard fights, but nothing terribly frustrating or controller-smash inducing.  What a great game.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

The section near the end of the game that goes with the achievement for not firing your gun. I did my first playthrough on hard and it got pretty brutal.
    dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By dutch42

Generally I thought the difficulty curve was pretty much spot on, however I did find the bridge section to be a bit of a fucker.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchScabby

I never thought the game was to hard, I thought the difficulty was just fine, although I don't know about nightmare mode.  I mean the game gave you so much supplies I couldn't even use them all, which I actually liked.  It was fun, and a change being able to use the powerful weapons so much when most games will give you like one rocket launcher through the entire game.  

I guess the hardest part though was when you had to run through a section of forest with only a flashlight and no gun, and you get ambushed buy a ton of enemies, I died two or three times during that part.

Also on the construction truck part I didn't fight it, I just opened the gate and ran past it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.