Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alien Swarm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 19, 2010

A freeware top-down co-operative shooter where a squad of marines must investigate and prevent the spread of a rampant alien infestation. It was originally a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 before its team, hired by Valve for other projects, completed it as a side-project.

Game Slowing Down

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mazik765

So I picked up this game because it was free and am loving it so far. The one big problem I am having is the game will hit a near stand-still slowdown at certain places in the game. I've only ever played through the first mission so far and the whole mission will run nice a smooth until the end. Once I hit the elevator at the end of the level and the music changes and the window pops up at the side of my screen the game slows WAY down. Has anyone else experienced this? How might I go about fixing it?

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

You trollin'?

It goes slow-mo there for about 10-20 seconds. It's supposed to be all cool and bullet-time-esque. Just wait it out and it will revert back to regular time. It's not an issue with your computer.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ArcLyte

No Caption Provided
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

This is a pretty funny thread. I'm amused.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mazik765

haha really? Sorry this isn't a troll thread. It just felt so much like how DoW2 used to play at a crawl on my old computer I figured something was wrong....

Well that is an incredibly stupid feature. I hope someone develops a mod to disable it...

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane
    @mazik765 said:
    "haha really? Sorry this isn't a troll thread. It just felt so much like how DoW2 used to play at a crawl on my old computer I figured something was wrong....  Well that is an incredibly stupid feature. I hope someone develops a mod to disable it... "

That likely won't happen, as it's also one of the item abilities. You can use it at any time to start a slow down.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

I lol'd.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By octaslash

Don't worry, I thought the same thing when it happened to me. I didn't realize it was intentional until I the same thing happened online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.