Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

Alein Vs. Predator Demo

• 92 results
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @Barrock:
    Well shit.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By demigonis

The match-making problems are hurting it at the moment, as well as the fact they're only letting us do regular Deathmatch (every man for himself) and only with 8 people.

The retail game will allow for 16 players, and I much prefer Team Deathmatch and some of the other modes because it tends to have less chaos and more player coordination and strategy.

Overall from my matches so far I can tell it's going to be a fun game if they get the match-making stuff ironed out. The basic gameplay seems enjoyable and the graphics are really nice.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By pause422

If the general gameplay is actually fun, and good like the other AVP games, and they don't actually put dedicated servers with a browser on the PC version..I will be very unhappy.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By demigonis

For the record at retail there will be dedicated servers AND match-making.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By TheHBK

Its been confirmed that its the multiplayer demo with one map.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mmmslash

It's a multiplayer demo with one map.

I'm downloading it now.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Diamond
    @Demigonis said:
    For the record at retail there will be dedicated servers AND match-making.
    Do you know if there will be a server browser, or match making only?  Because it's possible to set a 'dedicated server' with this sort of P2P networking, but what people really want is to be able to locate always-online hosts with massive bandwidth.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Linkyshinks

Fuck knows what's going on with the PC demo, I'm unable to find a single match.   

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox

I'll check it out after I hear how fun it is.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By turbomonkey138

Does the UK get the demo ? I can't find it on the marketplace

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Does the UK get the demo ? I can't find it on the marketplace "

It's not available yet, if you have Steam get it on that.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By demigonis
    @Diamond:  I can't say with absolute certainty. But I don't think they would have said dedicated servers if they didn't mean there would be a server browser.

@Linkyshinks: Yeah, it can be tough getting into a game, I hope they fix whatever the problem is very soon. I've played half a dozen matches, but it's a pain in the butt to get into them. Although when I was in it was fun.
    demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By demigonis
    @turbomonkey138: Only the PC version of the demo is available right now on Steam. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the demo go live later today.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Linkyshinks: 
    @Demigonis: 

Cheers . Ill hit up the steam version
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MrKlorox

XBLM link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025345082a/?of=1

Don't worry if you're not in USA. Just click the button to add it to your queue and it'll download once you turn your 360 on, as long as you aren't using a Japanese GT. Gold only.

The trick is to navigate to a game's main marketplace page then add "?of=1" to the end. If the demo is uploaded and set to public, it will show up. Even if it hasn't made it to the menu yet. Also if your country of origin doesn't show it yet, sometimes setting your region to Australia (en-AU instead of en-US or whatever yours shows) works because of time zones and stuff.
    thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By thecleric

And devs console-ize another PC franchise. 

Good going, Rebellion. As if you haven't fucked up enough games already.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bionicicide

Gameplay's fine, but what a horrible demo. This game shouldn't even have Deathmatch, it should always be based on teams. Still excited to see an 18 player match in Infestation on justin.tv when it releases, that should be fun.

Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Workyticket

D/L'd this out of curiosity, and the housemate and I wound up hammering this all night with the 'Alien' soundtrack blasting. Great fun, and much better balanced than I was expecting (Granted, I never played the PC games) Like the fact that the aliens can see everybody, makes for a nice sense of paranoia if you're one of the other races. Very much in line with the 'They're Out There And They See Us' atmosphere of the Alien movies. 

And the Predator's 'chin impalement' move is a gift that just keeps on giving.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ToxicFruit
    yeah the demo should have been team deathmatch, It would have been much more entertaining.
    Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Workyticket

Agreed. Free-for-all is a blast but TDM, say two players for each species, would've allowed for more tactical play. You could have some great fun co-opping as aliens.

EDIT: Am I right in remembering that the Predator's meant to have some kind of 'high jump' mechanic to get to high ground quickly? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's meant to work a bit like the grapple gun in Arkham Asylum... Is that a pickup or something I missed? It felt a bit weird being floor-based the whole time, seeing as the Predator's very much a 'scan and swoop' type character.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Cazamalos

i'm pretty sure will be multiplayer cuz this game have really interesting multiplayer modes, but singleplayer would be nice too (if i can be a predator) ,  multiplayer or not i hope the ps3 version is not glitched or have very poor quality (effin lazy developers )

ps: i'm not saying that Rebellion are lazy but Sega...

Predator2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Predator2k9

Where is the ps3 demo? Can't find it on PSN -,-

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bionicicide

I downloaded it on my X360. Game Marketplace > Game Demos > New Arrivals > *cringe over another Dynasty Warriors game*

@Workyticket

said:

"EDIT: Am I right in remembering that the Predator's meant to have some kind of 'high jump' mechanic to get to high ground quickly? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's meant to work a bit like the grapple gun in Arkham Asylum... Is that a pickup or something I missed? It felt a bit weird being floor-based the whole time, seeing as the Predator's very much a 'scan and swoop' type character. "

Hold the "focus" button and use the jump button when you can.
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By MildMolasses
    @thecleric said:
    "And devs console-ize another PC franchise.  Good going, Rebellion. As if you haven't fucked up enough games already. "

You do know that the first FPS AvP game was on a console, right?
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @thecleric said:
    " And devs console-ize another PC franchise.  Good going, Rebellion. As if you haven't fucked up enough games already. "
    Feel good up there on your high horse ?
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By Vinchenzo

Demo was kind of lame. I'm not saying the game itself is lame, I'm sure the campaign is cool-as-hell, and I had moments of fun in the MP (which is what the demo consists of). However, it's just a big "grab" fuckfest. You grab someone to do an instant kill, and the animation is so long another person grabs you. It's kind of... stupid? Maybe the other modes are cooler, but Deathmatch sucks.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By demigonis
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Demo was kind of lame. I'm not saying the game itself is lame, I'm sure the campaign is cool-as-hell, and I had moments of fun in the MP (which is what the demo consists of). However, it's just a big "grab" fuckfest. You grab someone to do an instant kill, and the animation is so long another person grabs you. It's kind of... stupid? Maybe the other modes are cooler, but Deathmatch sucks. "
    That's because people haven't developed any kind of strategy for the game yet, being that's a free-for-all deathmatch mode in the demo. You don't want to use the instant kill move if there's other people around, it's not an i-win button. It's a tactical decision and it can leave you open to counter-attack if you use it at the wrong time. It's often best to go for normal kills, but it depends on your situation.
    Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Workyticket
    @turbomonkey138 said:

" @thecleric said:

" And devs console-ize another PC franchise.  Good going, Rebellion. As if you haven't fucked up enough games already. "

Feel good up there on your high horse ? "
    Now now, get it right. This is a hardcore PC Warrior we're talking about here. It's stallions or nothing. And no-one else is allowed to use a saddle.

EDIT: @  Bionicicide: Cheers for that, completely forgot about the focus button (Slaps own forehead)
    thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thecleric
    @Workyticket said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @thecleric said:
    Feel good up there on your high horse ? "
    Now now, get it right. This is a hardcore PC Warrior we're talking about here. It's stallions or nothing. And no-one else is allowed to use a saddle. "
    Sure, but the horse is more of a gimp donkey, I'm not allowed to use the horse. So everyone can enjoy it!
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By CaptainObvious

I think that the demo is quite awesome. Really enjoying it, will buy the full version.

Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Workyticket
    @thecleric:  The problem with gimp donkeys is the noise. They get a bit creaky in all that leather!
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By danguy

I played a match, as a Xenomorph and it was pretty fun sneaking around and striking. To me it seems like an upgrade from the original.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I didn't like the demo. I think it should of had team deathmatch, aliens killin aliens, and marines killin marines just felt wrong. At least some small training for at least aliens, its a steep learning curve especially when your constantly getting insta-killed. Whats with the massive lag, its a fairly small map with only 8 players. I really wanted to like this demo, i hope the finished game is a BIG improvement over this.

M4EOzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By M4EOzzy

I was hoping for a SP demo.  While there's a ton of MP potential to this franchise I don't remember it ever feeling better than janky.  What I remember from the previous two games were theintense and scary SP marine campaigns.  This is where I'm placing my hopes.  I just don't think rebellion has the MP track record to convince me they can pull off stable, quality MP.  I hope I'm wrong.  At least the engine seems pretty competent...but WTF with deathmatch FFA only demo.  This game demands, at a minimum, team deathmatch.  I hope they turn out a high quality product that sells well so Sega doesn't put the kaibosh on future Aliens games.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PoppaKyle

@Ravenousrattler I know what you mean. The first game I played I was Aliens and other Aliens were killing me and I had no clue why.. Then I realized it was not Team Deathmatch

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Game is pretty bad.  It fells SO generic.  It's basically Turok. 

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#87  Edited By ImperiousRix

I've found the game pretty fun so far.  All the species seem to have their own strengths and weaknesses and it's fun. 
    I would have liked the demo to have more than one map, however, and I wish the mode they woulda included would have been TEAM Deathmatch, not free-for-all Deathmatch, but still.  I'm actually thinking about picking it up when it comes out.

Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Workyticket

Never liked that Alan Vs Predator. Too much button M.A.S.H.ing.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#89  Edited By wwfundertaker

The alien class and predator look great while the Mercenary class looks generic.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Sarnecki

The grab death kills should be much harder to pull off.  This whole "Kill some one, then get killed by some one from behind" train of kills becomes stupid and completely ruins immersion.  Perhaps it should have been like AVP2, and you can only perform a trophy kill on somebody who's stunned.  1 in 10 kills should be a trophy kill. 
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By danguy
    @Sarnecki said:
    " The grab death kills should be much harder to pull off.  This whole "Kill some one, then get killed by some one from behind" train of kills becomes stupid and completely ruins immersion.  Perhaps it should have been like AVP2, and you can only perform a trophy kill on somebody who's stunned.  1 in 10 kills should be a trophy kill.  "
    I agree. Most of the kills I see are the grab kills from behind. And Marines are left out of doing it.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92  Edited By immike

The game becomes stale very quickly. I don't think deathmatch is ever a great mode to have in a demo nowadays. TDM is the preferred mode in almost any shooter now. And aliens vs aliens, wtf?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.