Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Android

Platform »

Google's mobile OS, available across multiple devices.

Is FF tactics:war of the lions on Android actually good?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

Squenix on android has been a shit show. There is weird drm, incompatibility with newer versions of the android, and game breaking bugs they didn't fix for half a year. All this along with large price tag of 15$ attached to these troubled ports makes it tough to buy in.

Now, for these reasons above, I avoided buying final fantasy 6, but I really enjoyed the final fantasy tactics for ds... like a lot. I hear war of the lions is even better. I can justify the 15$ price tag to myself, the only problem is my concern that there is some bug/drm/bullshit sitting and waiting to ambush me. Anybody here have any experince with the android version? I will be playing on a nexus 5.

DoubleSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DoubleSpy

Here is the store page for the game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2&hl=en

The reviews make It seems like every other game converted to touch screens. It is serviceable, but would never be the recommended way to play if possible on another console. Strangely enough, I just got a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for PSP and decided to play it on a PPSSPP emulator. Haven't gotten around to it, but a strange coincidence none the less.

When it comes to Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions though, I can speak only from very limited experience with the game from years prior and from the original PSX version. The game is hard. It is not like Final Fantasy Tactics GBA or the DS sequal. To me, those games were a fun time with a good visual style. You have to remember that this game came out during the boom of the JRPG movement. So in my opinion, if that is what you are looking for, lets do a LTTP thread together.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I've had good experiences with Square games on Android. Go nuts.

But... For the love of all that is holy, why won't anybody release Tactics Ogre LUCT? I love that game, I think it's way better than FF Tactics. Mechanically I mean. And in terms of the story. The setting is flatter though, Tactics has more of a unique world. Whatever, just release that game somewhere! It's wasting away on the PSP!

Sorry, I always have to say that whenever FF Tactics gets brought up.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't played the Android version, but I've played the iOS version before and it was OK. You might have a little trouble playing it on a (normal-sized) phone, though. I definitely had a better experience on a tablet.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@twolines: Do you know its available on Vita and PSP from the store ? This is the UK link, not sure if its out in the US as well.

link

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I can't offer Android impressions (so I hope this post isn't totally useless) but I highly recommend that game. One of the best RPGs ever in my opinion and the best combat in any RPG. I really like the story, art, and music as well.

The follow up Final Fantasy Tactics games (if you liked those) are far inferior I think. They have quite a few differences in tone and systems. Like mentioned above by DoubleSpy, FFT is definitely a lot harder but I would say it's better in every way. I think time with the other games would be a good primer.

@twolines: I don't like that game as much as FFT, but it's great in its own right and the second best SRPG I would say. I agree it deserves more love. But to me the whole genre does.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@burt said:

@twolines: Do you know its available on Vita and PSP from the store ? This is the UK link, not sure if its out in the US as well.

link

Yup, I know. It's just that I think it's good enough to be ported to PC or Android. You know, get more people to play it.

Also- I'd totally buy it if it ever came out on Steam.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I bought the Android version and downloaded it. Seemed fine, but a little sluggish (on a Note 4 - not a sluggish phone). So I got a refund and bought the PSP version on a Vita. Seems better, but that version has a lot of slowdown during special move animations. Meh, doesn't bother me. The PS1 version has a bad translation and less content from what I understand, so I'll stick with the Vita. Also, those touch screen menus were a little tiny, I couldn't see myself playing this game without that stylus my phone has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.