Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

Any way to move saves?

puaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've realized that this game is the perfect game to own digitally, but I've already have been playing on my physical copy for months now. Is there any way to move my town from my cartridge and use a digital copy instead?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't a SD card work? I haven't used my 3ds enough to know if that would work.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I think I remember hearing that there is a way to move from one medium to the other but not the other way around. I can't remember if it was cart to digital or digital to cart that you could move.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doskias

I think there's an app on the eshop that lets you pull a save from a cartridge game to a digital game. Not sure if that's possible with Animal Crossing specifically, since Nintendo has always been cagey about letting you do anything with game saves from games with online components.

Update!

Here is Nintendo's explanation of their save data transfer tool. I looked at their list of games that don't support it, and New Leaf isn't on that list, so I assume it should work for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.