Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Antichamber

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 31, 2013

A first-person exploration/puzzle game set within a boldly-colored world with a focus on non-euclidean geometry and optical illusions.

Game Crash on Debian-Jessie (HumbleBundle version)

DebianPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DebianPlayer

Hi!

I'm trying to play on Debian-Jessie, but i get those error messages and a pretty black screen (I hace to kill the game process from a tty).

./Antichamber.sh

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.

Loading library: libPhysXCooking.so

Result of loading library libPhysXCooking.so: 0xa631500

Loading library: PhysXUpdateLoader.so

ERROR: PhysXUpdateLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Result of loading library PhysXUpdateLoader.so: 0x0

Loading library: libPhysXCore.so

Result of loading library libPhysXCore.so: 0xa631280

Killed

Someone knows what happens? Looking to the information in the humble bundle web, I pass all the system requirements to be able to play. And now that i bought the game, i find that i cant play becose there are library and steam dependencies... When will be it solved?

DebianPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New information.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_archives.html#SDK

Here you can find physx core linux deb and rpm. You only have to untar and install the correct package for your distro.

And now there are only a few errors:

./Antichamber.sh

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.

Segmentation fault

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was under the impression that all Humble games were generally steam based (i'm not aware of a stand alone Antichamber install). The physX libraries were a bit of a no brainer but you may just need to grab the Steam deb's, considering Valve lead on Debian based platforms that shouldn't be a major problem.

I don't think there is a way out of this without using Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.