Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed... again. Dec 10

• 58 results
    obliviousjd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not in the game industry, but I can imagine the work from home really messed up the workflow, and not only for this game. I wouldn't want to be working in QA right now and having to download a 70GB game multiple times a day each time there is a new build.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope the launch will go over well for the dev team. I would imagine if the game launched in a state like Watch Dogs Legion just did it would reflect very poorly on them. And another round of misguided death threats would go out yet again.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine got delayed till near Spring. I believe this Fall, growing cases of Covid-19 is causing a lot of problems, especially since other countries are starting to shutdown again with rumors that America won't be far behind. There is also the fact that both Sony and Microsoft are pretty much saying that while they may launch their consoles in November, the chance of anyone getting their hands on one is slim to none, outside of those who were successfully able to preorder it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ajamafalous said:
    @dudeglove said:

One of the funniest things about this has been the fact that GGG who makes Path of Exile have delayed the release of their next content patch into January.

Having no interest in Cyberpunk, this is the one that actually bothers me. Had to do a doubletake when I read their news post.

I think it's actually an excellent post on GGG's part, plus they'll have some dumb stuff coming to stretch the league out into January. Part of the reasoning why they're doing it goes all the way back things like COD Modern Warfare and is the main reason why most games that are not EA/ActiBlizz/Ubi avoid releasing games in November/December.

I don't mean to say that it's a dumb business decision by them, just that it is disappointing to those of us who don't care about this game. If you look at any of their league's numbers and retention rates, you'd see that a majority of people only play the first weekend and then there's another big dropoff after a week or two, so 3.13 would be dead in the water if they released it alongside Cyberpunk.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56  Edited By Castiel

I'm so sick and tired of the lousy work conditions that a lot of artists work under. Lousy management always result in crunch. It needs to stop.

And video game companies/publishers should stop setting unrealistic release dates.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

I'm so sick and tired of the lousy work conditions that a lot of artists work under. Lousy management always result in crunch. It needs to stop.

And video game companies/publishers should stop setting unrealistic release dates.

Tbh I'm honestly not to sure it's just lousy management. I mean the game has been in development for almost a decade now, what would even be a realistic release date? Dealing with code whenever you do one thing a new bug pops up and you'll have to test a billion things just to see what causes it, then that gets fixed, and another bug pops up etc etc.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm used to videogame delays. I'm not going to judge a company by what they feel compelled to do. I know damn well it isn't to spite me, or tell me they do not want my money.. The crunch bit bit is too much of an embarrassment for CD project to be happy with.

Sometimes things are because that's how they have to be.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

Tbh I'm honestly not to sure it's just lousy management. I mean the game has been in development for almost a decade now, what would even be a realistic release date? Dealing with code whenever you do one thing a new bug pops up and you'll have to test a billion things just to see what causes it, then that gets fixed, and another bug pops up etc etc.

The complexity of making a game like Cyberpunk cannot be understated, no project is ever finished, i'm not suggesting crunch is the only thing that will get it to where they want it, but i can't imagine a world where a game of this scale gets made without some kind of sacrifice... At least Polish law is pretty comprehensive on worker protection, but i know that only goes so far, we have that here in the UK too but i haven't taken a break at work in 3 months (i could, but i don't want the work to overtake me).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.