Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

What are your most enjoyable side quests in Cyberpunk

trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, I am currently playing thru Cyberpunk and finding the game quite boring.

I am currently lvl 23 and have done all of reginas and wakakas gigs and havent really found any of them enjoyable/meaningful to do.

So to try and keep my interest in this game going and to prevent me from going out and buying super robot wars I am looking to crowd source a list of quests/gigs etc that other people have found worth doing to try and see if i can find something in this game I find enjoyable.

Also I am not trying to say that the game is bad its just not hitting with me.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regina and Wakaka are minor characters. The meaty side quests are the ones with the major characters. River has a pretty good quest chain, as does Judy. The Peralez side quest chain is also pretty good.

Gigs are pure filler and just there to grind on or for completionists. Characters who have a major role in the main story of the game tend to have the best side quests.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By FacelessVixen

If the full questlines for Barry Lewis, Joshua Stephenson and Brendan didn't inspire anything, and you're not interested in the main story or following up on Judy , then don't force yourself to play the game. Just enjoy Super Robot Wars if that's what you'd rather do.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, I'd recommend skipping the gigs if you can and just stick with the side quests. My completionist brain didn't let me, and it was not worth turning that game into a 100-hour experience.

trh5001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: unfortunanetly I think this is whats going to end up happening.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I spent most of my first 20 hours just doing gigs! I loved the combat in the game so that helped a bunch. The Panam and Judy questlines are pretty great. I need to go back and finish the game at some point, I guess.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played over 100 hours of that game and still can't really find the fun. And CP was my most anticipated game of 2020, but I'm probably not alone in that. I'm not sure what's missing, really. Even if there are fun missions, I think, after a while, there are just too many aspects of the game that break immersion and take me out of it. Maybe not enough side stuff? And I don't mean missions... I mean it's a huge, cool looking world, but there's nothing that you can do to entertain yourself in it. I think the least they could have done (since they gave you a free BD headset) was create bespoke BD experiences that you could buy, to make that part of the game even worthwhile. Let me play some arcade games. Can I get a lap dance at Lizzies? No, huh. I can buy a drink, but can't see myself drink it? I just have to select it from the menu. Wow fun. Those character upgrades kinda suck too. I dunno man. I'm gonna try playing the game again and maybe there will be an interesting mission, with a cool rare gun to acquire, that does something different than the other guns... hopefully. I think that's all I can ask for at this point.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Perelez family quest is the best bit of side content in that game.

Although my personal favorite is actually River's companion side quest especially if you are playing a female V. Made even better in my opinion if you have no actual interest him the way he does. It's a wonderful mess.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished everything. Like, everything because I'm insane. I really liked the story sidequests, and I didn't really enjoy any of the gigs. Joshua Stephenson was particularly interesting to experience totally sight-unseen because it was so different than they rest. I liked River's quest too.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the taxi stuff a side quest? I think so, i didn't enjoy some of the things i had to do but it was funny in places, the Gladdos bit felt weird and out of place.

This isn't helpful but there was one quest in the game that reminded me of some of the brilliance of The Witcher 3 and i don't remember what it was, but that's emblematic of my experience with the game, it wasn't very memorable, i didn't really like any of the characters.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Junkerman

There was one of the gigs I remember doing - were you're tracking down the cyberpsychos or whatever. One of them these guys kidnapped the psycho's daughter for ransom, i forget why, anyway they end up killing her, turns out the dude is a veteran with a bunch of heavy military grade augs and he goes nuts and kills everything. He's at the end of this long pier on the ocean and the approach to get to him you're constantly finding scenes of all the havoc he reach to get there. The bodies you scan show signs of long range precision kills, up close carnage, it really painted an effective picture that these mobsters didnt know who they were dealing with, John Wick style.

Anyway for a gig I found that to be very atmospheric and memorable. Most the other ones I just ended up strolling in and taking the person out non-lethally without more then the text message info.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed Judy and Panam's storylines, and to a lesser extent, River's. It helped that I liked those characters and wanted to do their storylines as an excuse to interact with them more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.