Bug fix request: site_detail_url on the /chats endpoint always returns the same thing

Calvinball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi folks!

Any live stream that show up in the /chats endpoint will have the site_detail_url set to giantbomb.com/chat. You can verify this by checking the site_detail_url for the Giant Bomb Infinite entry that is returned for the /chats endpoint. So even if the GB Crew has a second stream going on at giantbomb.com/vinny or giantbomb.com/seabeasts, the API result for that stream will still specify the url as giantbomb.com/chat.

This has been a bug that I've noticed ever since Giant Bomb TV (now Infinite) was introduced, but it was easy enough to work around so I never brought it up. Now that we are getting multiple live streams at fairly unpredictable urls like giantbomb.com/seabeasts, it is a bigger issue.

I know y'all probably have bigger fish to fry, but a fix would be super duper appreciated. Thanks for listening!

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2 frobie  Staff

Will take a look.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3 frobie  Staff

@calvinball The chat(s) endpoints should now show the correct site_detail_url.

Calvinball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie: Awesome, thank you so much!

ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance we could get one additional update to the chat(s) endpoint to include the "stream" url like we get back in current-live?

I noticed today that we had 2 propeller live streams going at the same time but the site_detail_url returned "giantbomb.com/premium" and "giantbomb.com/chat" which isn't useful for me on tvOS (since I need the actual stream url to play in AVPlayer). They did return the proper file names in channel_name but not the rest of the url.

In today's case the urls I needed were:

https://bakery.cbsi.video/propeller/giantdaah/gbpldb12.m3u8 and

https://bakery.cbsi.video/propeller/giantdaah/gbpl2d80.m3u8

The above is what I'd love to see returned in a "stream" object in the chat(s) results.

It's not an issue for the twitch streams because the twitch URL is static, and maybe it's not an issue for the GB streams; but bakery.cbsi.video/propeller/giantdaah/ sounds like a URL that probably isn't static and I don't expect to always be able to get the proper URL by just appending the channel name to that url and adding ".m3u8" to the end of it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!