GB's twitter updates (feedback post)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

Just wanted to bring up that I don't user Twitter, but a lot of announcements and schedules show up exclusively on the GB socials. Is there a way to make this sort of stuff visible on the front page? I only bring this up since they mentioned more twitter updates at some point this week.

There are staff tweets and the upcoming schedule box, but it's easy to miss announcements like the one below unless you're searching outside of the site. Looks like Jess posted something but it wasn't in the staff section.

That is my feedback. Also, the artwork's really cool.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By swordstruck

Yeah, I would like this as well. There's a schedule page and a section on the homepage for the 'schedule' when it's filled out, but neither of those have the information shown in the Twitter image. It would be nice if we could rely on that instead of having to look at a bunch of different disconnected social channels.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna second this. I don't use social media and the facility exists on site to post this stuff, Please can we have all the scheduling info on site somewhere. I'm gonna assume the Big ol' quicklook for 1p PT is no longer happening?

The art is pretty nice though, got no idea what the relevance of "escape" is but katakana looks cool so I'm in.

EDIT: There was a tweet requesting exactly this and the content schedule at least has been put on the site now. Thanks guys!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

There's still the upcoming section on the front page.

And then there's the programming update page which should be updated every Monday with an idea of what the week will bring.

Hopefully, all this gets more coordinated in the future.

FYI please don't "bump" threads.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Yeah, those are helpful and I use them. They're just not as instantaneous as a Twitter post. And for whatever reason, sometimes the Upcoming box just isn't on the front page.

I see the Ranking of Tekkens now but it wasn't there an hour ago.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy duct tape fix would be putting the Giant Bomb account in the staff tweets section.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By styx971

not sure who takes care of that page but @jerf @rorie might be able to see about this on-going issue in the future? its not the first time ppl have been blindsided with updates like this. i personally don't care for twitter or discord tho a discord i'm more likely to peak in if i knew something was up , a twitter announcement is just kinda .... there is a website for a reason

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey sorry about this one - usually we talk through the week on Monday and try to get everything in the upcoming for the week after that meeting. Obviously this week was a bit of a weird one but that should be the plans going forward. Shouldn't need to check twitter for schedule stuff - we should be moderately more organized going forward (excepting stuff like spur-of-the-moment streams).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks, Rorie. Go enjoy your weekend!

thomaspeket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard the news that Elon Musk wants to break the contract to buy all of the company's stock