Leaked Hot Wheels Forza Horizon 1/64 diecast cars are hinting that Forza Horizon 5 would take place in Mexico

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Here I go again, I just found an article from The Nobeds which has to do with leaked Hot Wheels 1/64 diecast cars.

Leaked Forza Horizon Hot Wheels Could Be Teasing Forza Horizon 5 And Mexico Setting — The Nobeds

Judging the coming up Hot Wheels Forza Horizon's package background art, set in the desert.
Judging the coming up Hot Wheels Forza Horizon's package background art, set in the desert.

The confirmed list of coming up Hot Wheels Forza Horizon 2021 1/64 diecast cars are:

• '19 Mercedes Benz A-Class,
  • Corvette C7.R
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS

AR12Gaming the Youtube user also made a video discussion about that.

I guess the Forza Horizon 5 day 1 edition's car liveries will be based on these Hot Wheels cars as well.

So will it be ok if Forza Horizon 5 takes place in Mexico? I would like to hear your opinions.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By noboners

I think Mexico makes sense, especially when compared to how Australia was handled with a few different biomes to drive through. But I wonder if that would mean the stuff they did with seasons in 4 wouldn't carry over. While I know it snows in some parts of Mexico, I don't think it would justify covering the entire map in snow.

Edit: I may as well add that I'm totally fine with them ditching the seasons stuff. I did not care for being forced to drive in snow.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mexico is such an obvious location for Horizon, given how popular Xbox is there. Would no be suprised if Canada would be next.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mexico is such an obvious location for Horizon, given how popular Xbox is there. Would no be surprised if Canada would be next.

For me, I rather see Forza Horizon 6 to set in Japan.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They better include cartel smuggler tunnels that you can carjack people in

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss seasons. It was such a cool gimmick that I'm surprised no one else tried and for the most part was very good.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 judaspete  Online

Hope this rumor pans out. Mexico would baba great location. I also hope they do another Hot Wheels map with tracks weaving through Aztec temples.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope this rumor pans out. Mexico would baba great location. I also hope they do another Hot Wheels map with tracks weaving through Aztec temples.

Yep, they better have new Hot Wheels content so this may give me F-Zero's Sand Ocean and Hot Wheels World Race vibes.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hansberg

That page seems a little confused on what it is that it wants to say.

The headline reads as though the Horizon Hot Wheels is teasing FH5 and Mexico Setting, but nothing in the text suggests that the packaging teases anything of the sort. They even state that the background resembles the "Dubai Circuit of the Emirates track from Forza Motorsport 7", which is decidedly not Mexico. They then leave the Hot Wheels discussion to go on to reiterate that the FH5 launch is rumored, that the Mexico setting is rumored, and nothing seems connected based upon what I read there. *shrug*

They may as well have called that piece of writing "Three Things About Forza" since it just reiterates three things that aren't directly connected to one another, and are based on links from different points in time (with one being two years old). By all means let me know if, in my tired state, I missed something; but I'm not seeing the connections here.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By tds418

@hansberg said:
They even state that the background resembles the "Dubai Circuit of the Emirates track from Forza Motorsport 7", which is decidedly not Mexico.

They say it resembles that track, but it's definitely not that track. The packaging also says "Forza Horizon" when that track was only in Forza Motorsport.

Mexico makes a lot of sense, so OP might be on to something here. Wherever it's set, I'm looking forward to FH5 a lot. 4 was a blast.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Meh. I see Microsoft continues to milk the Forza name dry.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hansberg

@tds418 said:
@hansberg said:
They even state that the background resembles the "Dubai Circuit of the Emirates track from Forza Motorsport 7", which is decidedly not Mexico.

They say it resembles that track, but it's definitely not that track. The packaging also says "Forza Horizon" when that track was only in Forza Motorsport.

Mexico makes a lot of sense, so OP might be on to something here. Wherever it's set, I'm looking forward to FH5 a lot. 4 was a blast.

Not saying that Mexico is out of the question, only that the article doesn't really make any sense from top to bottom. The headline doesn't match the body, which doesn't maintain consistency with what it is that it's trying to convey. Even the bit about the resemblance causes issues when your headline suggests one thing (Mexico) and then you go on to explain how it doesn't resemble that one thing at all.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I see Microsoft continues to milk the Forza name dry.

They should bring the Project Gotham Racing series back!

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Indeed. Having said that, the team that made it (Bizarre Creations) is long gone, sadly. In their desire to milk the Forza series to death, Xbox also killed any hope of PGR coming back.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Indeed. Having said that, the team that made it (Bizarre Creations) is long gone, sadly. In their desire to milk the Forza series to death, Xbox also killed any hope of PGR coming back.

Not to mention that in the 8th generation console era, the driving/racing genre feels more underwhelming compared to the 6th and 7th generation era.

Also, Sony Interactive Entertainment doesn't seem to care about MotorStorm, same goes that Jim Ryan wouldn't even care about legacy gaming in general as well.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Racing games could be great now. Companies like Xbox and Sony don't understand this. To them, trotting out the same kinds of games in their racing franchises (Forza, GT) is all they care to do. I'm still ticked that Xbox killed PGR and ripped it off for core parts of the Horizon games.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Racing games could be great now. Companies like Xbox and Sony don't understand this. To them, trotting out the same kinds of games in their racing franchises (Forza, GT) is all they care to do. I'm still ticked that Xbox killed PGR and ripped it off for core parts of the Horizon games.

Yeah, hopefully, that 9th generation console era for driving games will be much better than 8th gen.