Your thoughts between The Crew Motorfest and Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown? (As of July 21st, 2023)

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear open-world driving game fans!

Here I come to make a new thread to see you guys share your thoughts on these two coming-up 3rd party multiplat open-world driving games, and from what I can see so far, appearing to take the ideas from the Forza Horizon series, having a nice roster of playable vehicles, beautifully detailed environments for open world standards and their scheduled release dates are September 14th, 2023 and TBA 2024 respectively.

Here are my opinions on both:

They're looking really good but their handling model feels a little bit more arcade than Forza Horizon 5 while Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown's 3rd person camera view is similar to Need For Speed Unbound, which I don't really like that, overall I can sense that Forza Horizon 5, The Crew Motorfest and Test Drive Unlimted Solar Crown's respective handling model feels more realistic than Need For Speed Unbound for open-world driving game standards.

However, Forza Horizon 5, The Crew Motorfest and Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown's handling models are also not as realistic as the two following Simcade circuit racing games: Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport 2023, due to the different sub-genres, but don't get me wrong, I still appreciate open-world racing games and Simcade circuit racing games which I loved them so much during my teenhood.

Overall, I want Ivory Tower and Kylotonn to improve their respective coming-up driving games even further.

Sidenote: I can sense most PS5 and Xbox Series X owners has different taste in racing games compared to Nintendo Switch owners, so in that case:

• The Crew series has over 30 million players while Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox's 1st party) has over 30 million players, meaning that most PS5 and Xbox Series X/S owners prefer open-world racing games more than kart racing games plus I have a feeling they will prefer The Crew Motorfest and Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown over any sorts of kart racing games including Disney Speedstorm for their console.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold over 50 million units, making a majority of Nintendo Switch owners prefer kart racing games over all sorts of other sub-genre of racing games including Sim Racing.

I also personally don't care about Disney including Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (An upcoming action-adventure game in development by Insomniac Games and the publisher is Sony Interactive Entertainment). However, I still like Star Wars and Tron though.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GTxForza
Loading Video...

Here it goes, another trailer for The Crew Motorfest.