Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Will Halo 3 Come Out for PC THIS YEAR?

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Will Halo 3 Come Out for PC THIS YEAR? (133 votes)

Yes 11%
    No 76%
    Maybe, Maybe Not... 14%

Okay, i've been throwing this around like some mad person, even started a let's play series because of it but i CAN rationalize it!

Here's the thing... i firmly believe that Halo 3 will come out for PC, THIS YEAR. Why? Because :

#1 Microsoft has said that all first-party games will also be released for Windows 10. (This was after the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection)

#2 that this year, it has been 10 years since Halo 3 was initially released.

#3 Microsoft likes releasing Anniversary editions of the main Halo games at their tenth anniversary.

Do you think, based on my arguments that it will happen? Why? Why not?

It's been so long since the last -main- Halo game came out for PC, it would be criminal to not do it now and even better maybe they would even release the Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC as well, i mean, they already put so much work into getting that collection together, why wouldn't they take advantage of that work for the Halo 3: Anniversary Edition?

• 
    FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They already said they won't make halo 3 anniversary.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: I just looked it up again, they are saying no but doesn't it seem wrong for them to stop now? So close to the end of the trilogy?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A halo 3 anniversary would make a lot of master chief collection owners (myself included) angry. And a lot of them are still mad from the performance of MCC. Charging a full price doesn't make sense when you get a 1080p60fps version already in the MCC. To get most people to consider purchasing a halo 3 anniversary, it couldn't be anymore than 15-20 bucks. At that price the profit margin would be very slim if at all considering the man power they would have to spend to make the game look as good as halo 2 anniversary.

Halo 3 won't come out on pc unless a second halo collection is released and Xbox is still all in on the play anywhere campaign at that time. Halo 6 will almost surely come out for pc though.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSully

If they were going to put Halo 3 on PC, then it would just make more sense to port over Master Chief Collection. Otherwise it's really dumb.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThePanzini  Online

H3 anniversary has already been ruled out by 343i's Frank O'Connor, at this point H3 anniversary is not worth the effort time would be better spent on H6 or fixing and relaunching MCC.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait, MCC is still "broken"? or are we just saying that cause endless internet grudges?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait, MCC is still "broken"?

Our hearts are still broken

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattimus_prime

@ripelivejam: it worked fine when i got it with my xbox in 2015. worked fine late last year still too. its just internet grudges.

but i dont know why they would put it on PC. PC gamers are used to fast paced shooters. halo 3 is soooo slow. i used to love it but when i played it a bit last year during extra life it was hard to go back to. i know all of them are slow but 3 is by far the slowest moving. slow movement and too big of maps for such a small player count.

that and im pretty sure anyone who gives a shit about halo in 2017 already has it on xbox.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Halo 3 Anniversary is so unneeded. Come on... It's already perfectly fine on the MCC. I feel like the first two Anniversary visual updates were simply there to match the visual standards of Halo 3. Halo 3 still looks fine, definitely in comparison to the two Anniversary games. I don't really understand the thinking behind just because the first two got one, the third in the trilogy needs one too. It wasn't the purpose of the first two in my opinion. They just wanted to update it so it was more in line and consistent an experience. I would love to see Reach remastered and put out just like ODST was. As for the MCC put on PC, that'd be cool. I wouldn't play it there as I already have it on the One, but it'd be cool nonetheless.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

Halo 3 still looks and runs fine, especially on the MCC, so an updated rerelease would feel superfluous, whereas Halo 1 and 2 both had some minor issues on the 360 (frame rate problems for 1, image ghosting issues with 2).

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Halo 1 & 2 never had native 360 versions thought, they were running off back-compatibility.

@ntm: But if i ain't mistaken, all the Halo games play different in MCC, they play like they used to be played, the only thing they changed was the graphics.

@mattimus_prime: Plenty of people love playing Halo 1 & 2 on PC, that includes myself, Halo 3 is the last in the trilogy that hasn't been ported yet. Also there are people that still care about Halo but not the "new" Halo, nothing unusual, splits like thishappens all the time in gaming, whether video games or traditional games, people will always find a preferred version and stick to it.

@xanadu:Unless Halo 3 anniversary would be DLC for MCC or standalone.

is not worth the effort time would be better spent on H6...

I disagree and so does my wallet...

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrPlatitude

343 has already said that there won't be a H3 Anniversary. But...I suppose that doesn't rule out a PC port of just regular Halo 3 or maybe the MCC. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Would anyone care if it did come to PC? By which, of course, I mean enough people to make it worth the effort? After the MCC came with four Halo games, I can't imagine paying any significant money for a port of one Halo game. Like others have said, I could see them porting the MCC, maybe, but not just Halo 3.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThePanzini  Online

@vampire_chibi: H3 is already available through MCC the amount of people interested in H3 Anniversary would be extremly small, 343i's time and resources would be better spent making H6 the best it can be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.