Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

The supernatural kombatants of Mortal Kombat collide with the superheroes of the DC Universe in this crossover fighting game by Midway.

360 or PS3 version?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

For those who have the game, which is a better version to go with?  I'm thinking that the PS3 could have the advantage because of the garbage d-pad on the 360. But I also hear that the PS3 version does not have the same matchmaking online system as the 360 version. Which flaw sticks out more for you guys?

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By brydello

I think I'll be picking up the 360 version. No real reason actually...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I'd say it depends on how much you care about the online, if that rumor is true about it having a worse matchmaking system,(although if it still works fine, I rather hate matchmaking honestly) but I gameflied it for the 360, and I'm regretting it here a lot. I mean....really the d-pad doesn't show how bad it is when you have no choice but to use it, SCIV , you could use the sticks if you choose to, it was the same thing. MK vs DC though, your down and up on the d-pad are jump/duck, and 9/10 times when trying to do a forward/backward + whatever move, you accidentally jump, its really pretty unplayable for me and I'll be sending it back and getting the PS3 version. I don't care to play it online really, I'll mess with it, but I'm just gonna play through the story and get into the fighting system.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gameboi

I picked up the PS3 version tonight, but don't plan tackling the game until tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know what I think, but my intuition tells me that you've already described what the differences are going to be. Outside of the D-pad and Online, I'm betting the experience is equal.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Whichever feels better controller wise.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cube

I have the 360 version. I don't use the d-pad. Works fine with analog.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Wait can you change the functions of it? because I didn't think you could...and that's why it doesn't work fine with analog because duck and jump is only up/down on the dpad and not analog stick.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

get an arcade stick. that solves all d-pad problems.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gameboi

I still need to take it online to give my full opinion, but overall, the game is decent.  The only issue I have with it at the moment is that the combos they teach you.  It would have been  helpful to have an animation or something to help you understand the timing. Right now, it's a guessing game for me (thanks to the pauses between button presses).  Other than that, I'm pleased. Looks pretty darn good too. Oh yeah...  like I said before...I have the PS3 version.

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Unreal_dro

Friends on Live + achievements = 360 version

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gameboi
    Unreal_dro said:
    "Friends on Live + achievements = 360 version"
    I don't really care about achievements, but the PS3 version does have trophies -- if that is your thing.  Now the friends on Live might make a difference for some.  My list is about the same on both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.