Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quick Time Event

Concept »

Quick Time Events show up in all sorts of games as an attempt to make cutscenes interactive. Press the buttons displayed on-screen before time runs out, or else.

Protips for QTE

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Deathawk

I used to have a problem with QTE's, specifically the God of War/button mash variety, no matter what I did it just seemed I couldn't pass these. Looking online it appears I wasn't the only their are tons of people that couldn't pass these parts and didn;t know what they were doing wrong, Well I actually figured out the trick to these minigames and I'll share it with you now, don't let the your finger ever leave the button. In my quest to figure out a way to beat these parts in games, I recognized something I was inadvertently doing, which is I would hit the button than my finger would fly into the air more so the faster I was pressing, this messed my timing all up. What you want to do is hit the button than let the button pop back up, but don't take your fingers off it (this may take some getting used to if you're not used to it so practice it with the console off for awhile) Now that you know the secret QTE's should be a snap, I know they are for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.